spiralstair

Guide videos in viewport

Hi - do we have any tools beyond motion tracker to bring video footage into the viewport in c4d?

im trying to rebuild some moving objects in a video for the sake of dynamics interactions and find motion tracker does not work in all situations

any workflow tips would be much appreciated (ideally without leaving c4d)

We can load video into any material, which could subsequently be applied to a Plane object or similar and have settings therein that control playback, but we can't load video as a viewport background yet AFAIK, and apart from the motion tracker I am unaware of any other way to get video in the viewport...

CBR

Thanks @Cerbera yes that’s what I thought. Surely this is something MAXON  could/should think about adding to the pipeline. There’s been many moments in the last few months where it would have been useful

i mostly use a plane with the correct aspect ratio and a material with the footage loaded into the luminance channel, make this a child of a camera, zero it out and push it back in Z and scale it to fit the frame. then i add this to a layer and lock it.