Sign in to follow this  
Amy Sterling

Troubleshooting glow in Octane

HI all,

I am a new user of C4D who makes renders of neurons our lab has reconstructed. 

We reconstruct 3D neural circuits to model information processing in the brain and I want to show activity across these circuits by having individual cells glow. I spent all day trying to do this and pretty much failing. It's probably (hopefully) something basic I'm missing, but here is what I managed before dinner. 

This is using Emission on an Octane material. It doesn't look right though. There is no ambient/environmental glow (maybe I have to add some dust or something for that to show up) and it doesn't appear to be illuminating neighbors. Here is a link to the project file in case it is helpful. 

Here is another failed attempt where I changed the Post settings in Octane for Glare etc but it made all the meshes glow and I couldn't figure out how to apply it to just a single material/mesh. 

crystal-glow-attempt.thumb.jpg.60c887f92a95d8455993604068437796.jpg

I hope this post is in the right category. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and for any suggestions!

Amy

• Topic Author
  • I figured it out! The proper settings for Bloom and Glow are in Octane Camera.