Sign in to follow this  
Unstable

Object tree disappears - why? bug? me?

I don't know if this is a bug or special feature or just me. But when I'm working I see a list of objects in the tree, as shown in the first image. Occasionally, when I'm trying to do something I accidentally click somewhere around the red circle and the whole tree disappears. If I save the project at this point and reopen it, the tree is still gone. Am I accidentally clicking on something and just think I clicked in empty space? How can get the tree back without closing the project without saving and reopening? Thanks

gone.jpg

working.jpg

This was happening to me too, I figured it out. You need to put your curser over the left edge of the object close to your main screen and wait for the curser to turn into two arrows points opposite direction. Then pull the tab to the right and you should see your objects again. 

Hopefully it’s the same thing that happened to me. I think it happens when you double click that slim bar. 

It seems like a bug. Single-clicking the vertical line that resizes the object list (the remainder given to tags) causes it to collapse to zero. The intended behavior, it seems, is for a double-click on the line to auto expand so you can see all the object names. Double-click again and it goes back to your original setting. Strangely enough, once you drag the line after an accidental collapse, the behavior stops. 

It is a bug (or at least I can confirm it happens, and I can't see that there is a legitimate reason we'd ever want it to do that), and it has been reported, although for me it's only been a problem since R20, whereas OP's profile says he is on R19, which if correct, would make that aspect of it new, although I suspect the profile is wrong...

CBR