Posted (edited)

Hello! I have a simple problem. See the images here below.

I make thin lines with c4 standard rendered. In the most below image here you can see these thin lines.

How can I make some little white "sparles" that are moving, like a "data stream" inside the thin lines? 
They should be somewhat random but not too fast. Also as there is many copies of these, they should not be exactly the same.. Little variation should look cool :)

Ideas, anyone?

Pekka

data.jpg

lines only.jpg

Edited by Cerbera
Accurate Titling

Do you mean 'Sparkles' ? It depends how you want these 'info-bits' to move and you need to be quite precise about how you want them doing that. But in general your options are mainly clones or particles. Clones can be cloned onto each square spline, and animated with the offset parameter of that cloner. The particle way is harder, but difficult to achieve with a standard emitter, so perhaps investigate Thinking Particles tutorials for more help with that.

XParticles, if you have it would make this very easy to do.

CBR

Ok thanks! I study the Thinking Particles. I know that clones & offset gives me to clunky results here. It must be more like natural.. So particle way souds good!

The cloner will give clunky results if not setup in the right way... did you add random effectors etc to make things more natural / experiment with multi cloners to get different concurrent streams of data etc ?

CBR