Sign in to follow this  
Airport

Splinewrap Texture Problem

Hello there!

I have this splinewrap texture problem:

I want to grow a cube along a spline using a splinewrap but the texture should not stretch.

image.thumb.png.3f0a58fe1250b10b00bdc9fd04e360ff.png

image.thumb.png.a45ec41c517269ef3810bf4c7deebf7e.png

In Other words, I want to reveal the projection of the final path by the geometry so the texture stays the same on the path everywhere and dows not slide while growing the path.

Any help is highly appreciated!

You could animate the V-tile parameter of the material - either in the checkerboard or in the Material Tag V-tiling ?

Here I went from 1 v-tile to 20 over the course of the wrap growth...

2063499520_constanttex.gif.d7821b15b7e5df6a68dce9c61d92cf66.gif

I think any flickering is down to the GIF - looks fine in the viewport...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Oh thank you! this one helps me with another problem I have but in this case it would be perfect if the texture would respond to the generated geometry. Also with this method the geo doesnt have caps, which I need. My final object is going to be a bit more complex.

I found a tool, the Spline UV Mapper: https://www.at2-software.com/www/blackstar/spline_uv.php

has anyone used it before? I am not sure whether this can help me with a live splinewrap as they talk about generating UV Tags.

1 hour ago, Airport said:

Oh thank you! this one helps me with another problem I have but in this case it would be perfect if the texture would respond to the generated geometry. Also with this method the geo doesnt have caps, which I need. My final object is going to be a bit more complex.

That's going to be potentially more tricky, because UV textures don't respond like that in Cinema, and it will be a struggle to try and make them do so. I am not immediately seeing a way, though that isn't to say there isn't one. We'd probably need to see your final object to most effectively advise though...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • The final object is going to be similar to this but with some deformers at the tip of the path to create a kind of liquid structure. and without caps I can not use the displacer so make a bubbely tip.

That method above should work with caps on - I just happened to not have them enabled for the example...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • hmm I tried with my setup and it was somehow cut off. will have a look again