antonyktwong

Blank view port on start up

Hello everyone,

It occurs to me that my viewport stays blank and grey-out every time I boot my C4D

image.thumb.png.cc7318047630cdde1d54e2188fda1305.png

What I do is to switch from default layout like "animate," and switch it back to whatever layout I need (that I saved myself). but I am tired of doing so.

Tried turning off OpenGL in preference setting, it did work but may I ask if there is any other solution?
Also, is it only going to affect the display qualities by turning that off? like speed.. and anti-aliasing..?

thank you.

4 hours ago, Igor said:

Are your drivers up to date?

Thank you for your reply.

Just updated the GPU drivers but it doesn't seem to be the fix.

When you say blank, what are you expecting to see ? If it's just the grid and other screen elements - check those aren't turned off in the filter menu...

Or do you mean the program never fully initialises and prevents you from doing anything ?

CBR

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

When you say blank, what are you expecting to see ? If it's just the grid and other screen elements - check those aren't turned off in the filter menu...

Or do you mean the program never fully initialises and prevents you from doing anything ?

CBR

Thank you for your reply.

I am confirmed that it is not a problem relating to the filter settings, which I have ticked all the options within the filter already.

By "blank," I mean the viewport greyed out and is noninteractive, I can still, for instance, add an cube to the scene, which it does pop up in the object manager, but I just cannot negvigate anything in the viewport – not until I switch to any other layout ( it occurs to me no matter what is the startup layout, it viewport after booting up is got to be blank)

Ah OK. That does sound like Open GL isn't initialising properly. Have you opened a support ticket with MAXON ?

CBR

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Ah OK. That does sound like Open GL isn't initialising properly. Have you opened a support ticket with MAXON ?

CBR

No, I haven't. Just exploring options before I do that.

And you are sure your machine (video card in particular) meets OpenGL specs for running that version ?

CBR

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

And you are sure your machine (video card in particular) meets OpenGL specs for running that version ?

CBR

Not much of an expert on this.. but I guess yes?

Don't know if it would help but here is some info:

image.thumb.png.2490bc157cf30ded3e2310cd83ac0f56.png

I have install two 1080 ti, and it works perfectly with OpenGL in the viewport even with a heavy scene, it just this booting up hassle bugging me like hell

Oh I see - yes that's a massively specc'd machine. Not that then. I wonder if deleting your prefs folder to initialize Cinema would help ?

If that doesn't help, I have to confess I am at a loss...

CBR

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Oh I see - yes that's a massively specc'd machine. Not that then. I wonder if deleting your prefs folder to initialize Cinema would help ?

If that doesn't help, I have to confess I am at a loss...

CBR

you mean deleting the whole folder?

image.thumb.png.b95d8779a720c0ac2b957d3363300a4d.png

Yep. Close CInema. Delete the whole thing. Restart Cinema.

CBR