ConceptHobo

Sticking textures to fracture object

Hi guys,

Before anyone starts bashing their head on the wall thinking; "Jesus this again!" I have an issue with this method rather than wanting to know how to do it. (See the Greyscale Gorilla tut attached)

The issue I'm having is when I try and generate the UVW coordinates the texture deforms and for the life of me I can't figure out why. 

I'm sure there is someone on here a lot smarter than me that can figure out why it's doing that.

Thanks in advance

TEST.zip

Edited by Cerbera
Replaced link to stolen video with legitimate one.

Are you using subdivided geometry? 

3 hours ago, ConceptHobo said:

No I'm not, think I should be?

No. I can see why he asked, but it's not that in this case.

This is being broken by the Fracture Object you have in your scene. If we turn that off we can generate the UVs without issue, but when we turn it on again, then you are using it to rotate the clones, which is not a good idea for any project in which you used camera mapping to project the textures. 

Here it is working before the rotation in the  Fracture breaks it.

1933231292_sticktex.gif.349f4b1b9275aad59c0fbc7ca2568265.gif

CBR