Sign in to follow this  
Super

Sx n Five Renders

Hi,

Was wondering if there were a tutorial on how to achieve these dreamy renders.

https://www.behance.net/sixnfive

I understand that it's lighting, material, and design, but maybe some one could point me in the right direction of where to start.

If there were a few things to point out that I am interested in, it would be:

Terrazzo and Colored Stucco Texture

Carpet/Bump

Iridescent lighting

Is this achievable through prorender, progressive, standard? Or is this through another rendering program, octane?

Thanks for helping me move forward. I hope to be able to produce renders like these in the next month or two.

Best,

Mark

You can render all this with C4D engines, however this images are heavily post processed in 2D image editor. There seem to be a overall filter applied to most of them...

• Like 1

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • On 5/16/2019 at 12:47 AM, Hrvoje said:

You can render all this with C4D engines, however this images are heavily post processed in 2D image editor. There seem to be a overall filter applied to most of them...

Is there a place where I can learn that basics of this?

As you said in your last post, it is a very broad set of questions you're asking - getting the sort of look you are after is a combination of modelling, textures, lighting and rendering, so you are unlikely to find any one tutorial (or forum post) that covers all of this - it would have to be hours and hours long.

But people do ask about this sort of look surprisingly often, so it is worth searching the site to try and find all the posts where we have already advised with most aspects of this. But because there is no standard name for this sort of 'soft look' knowing what to search for is somewhat more challenging. Maybe best to visit the Rendering and lighting sections, and just go back through the posts until you find the similar questions, which are there if you look for them...

Or, if you can narrow it down to one question at a time, about 1 specific image we can probably help with that in this thread. Otherwise, it's a all a bit 'general' which is why I suspect you are lacking replies so far...

CBR

• Like 1

Render passes for post processing in a bitmap editor and using a LUT (Look Up Table) afterwords can help. There are plenty of tutorial videos for these on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

Something like this GSG tutorial may help you get started:

https://greyscalegorilla.com/downloads/gorillla-grade-luts/

Edit:

Also, some apps already install some LUT libraries and you can find others on the internet. They don't have to come from GSG, but those guys do have a lot of quality add-ons for C4d. 

• Like 1