cinomadic

Splitting Selections & Point Order

Hello,
I’m trying to combine UVW tags so I can use one texture for several objects (without having to use the Bodypaint wizard). I have found a method that is successful:

1. Run the Connect command on the objects
  2. Run the UVCommand “Realign
  3. Separate the objects
  4. Copy the UVW tag of the separated object to the original object

I’m trying to write a script that does this. The trouble comes with step 3: Separate the objects. When I use the “Polygon Groups to Objects” command, this method works.
Point_Order0.thumb.png.3f6250d75c2cd563bd920b6556deeb9e.png

Often, though, I don’t want to explode the object into smaller objects; I just want to realign the existing UV islands and keep the polygon groups as one object. So I tried a different method: combining them with polygon Selection Tags for each object, selecting each object with a Selection Tag, then running the Split modeling command.

For some reason, Split seems to rearrange the points, because when I drag the split object’s UVW tag to the original geometry, many of the points jump to the same UV position [0,0].
Point_Order1.thumb.png.1dc2036f80c6fbcccc3fb806730fa906.png

Can you please help me separate objects using Selection Tags (or another method) without separating all the polygon groups while maintaining the point order so I can copy the UVW tag to the original object? My scene file is attached.

Connect.zip

Thank you!

Only registered users can see replies - please register for full access!