Posted (edited)

Hey!

Whats the best way to make objects move randomly like a bad traffic, within a box with some collision C4D? :/

As I've done manually in after effects (see below)

randommovement_ae_btlfld.gif

Edited by Cerbera
Renamed / Moved to Correct Section (Animation etc)

Some questions:

1. Do they have to move in short bursts like your reference, or can they move at a constant speed, or in some other way (pls specify) ?

2. Can they just randomly collide and push each other out of the way, or do you need them to avoid collision (with each other) in the first place so they never touch anything else ?

3.Your objects are all moving in straight lines. Is this an imperative too ?

CBR

I had a go at brownian-type motion a while ago, using force on dynamic objects - each object has a repel force. I found that with regular dynamics and collisions, things tend to slow down after a while, and upping bounce to fix this can make stuff go crazy.

In this scene, to get bounce on the wall I cloned some objects along the wall, each having a repel field. There's XPresso random init velocity, so it's different every time.

brownian.c4d

might be some ideas for you

• Like 1

@Cerbera 

1. If they could somehow burst (fast / slow in and out) or run at various speeds.

2. They could collide.

3. Would be great if they did, like a comical traffic, or data interchanging.

No idea how to pull this off in C4D without doing it manually. :/

@jed  cool, it has the some key components, and I wonder if it's possible to add more flow, the animation feels linear?

Thank you 

5 minutes ago, battlefield said:

the animation feels linear?

Newton's 1st law ::):

Some turbulence might mix things up.

@jed spend a few days with it, and I think its getting where I want it to be. See attached.

I've two questions and I hope you can help:

1. Is it possible to add stretch (trail) when the move quickly?

2. .... is it possible to create a seamless loop? :/

Thanks!

brownian4.c4d

I don't think this scene can be looped. Looping usually needs the last frame to be the same as the 1st, then the clip is rendered leaving out the last frame.

If by trail you mean ghosting, I've never used that but I don't think it renders.

@jed OK, thank you. I'll look into the ghosting / motion blur.

I've another question, and I hope you don't mind;

is it possible to use effectors/dynamic tags in combo with the dynamics and the xpresso you've setup?

What i'm trying to do now is, while the objects are moving and colliding,

I'd like to separate the circles, the triangles and the squares - with an attractor type tag, or something better.

Any ideas on the best way to do this? :/

Thanks!

You could try several attractor objects, then in the main objects dyn tags use include or exclude force selectively.  In this file the attractor is in an object - the attracted objects seemed to go crazy at zero distance.

include.c4d

attractor scenes can end up oscillating - maybe some keyframed damping ?

@jed hmm, yeah is good and the trouble is as you pointed out; getting them to stop moving after they move to the attractor....

look of ways to reduce on youtube but no such luck...

Any other ideas or ways to achieve this? :/

Or can the objects move in close proximity but not touch (each other or) the attractor object?

Help please! :/