jamslut

Material .lib4d files without textures?

I'm trying to build a library of my own materials, but I don't want to bog my startup drive with gigabytes of texture maps. I noticed GSG's Redshift material .lib4d file doesn't contain these maps, which is why you have to manually point to a location in the preferences after installation.

But when I drag my material into the content browser, it seems to save the maps automatically and I can't seem to find a way around this. I can right-click on the saved material and select "update texture paths" but nothing happens.

I spun my wheels long enough on this, and the MAXON Help file on this subject seems to be a little thin on info. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Same problem for me, when I create a shader with an absolute texture link on my D:  (in  order to save space on my C:)  and drag it to a library preset folder, it copy the texture in the C: again (Appdata \ Roaming \ MAXON .. \ Library \ Browser ) so .lib4d becomes super heavy and there's no point to have an absolute link anymore. 

Anyone help would be very appreciate