Sign in to follow this  
hammondchips

Single Line Fonts

Morning Cafe

I'm trying to .... find a font that I can sweep shapes along. Ideally a handwriting font that is a continuous line. On googling some people call it a plotter font, engravers font on a single line font.

Whatever the name does anyone know of such a font, alternatively a method in C4D for achieving this effect?

Found one here - https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/engravingfonts which showed promise, but loads into C4D a bit funny 

These work, although are very basic fonts - http://www.mrrace.com/CamBam_Fonts/

Ideally a font like this but with just the centreline swept - see image attached

The goal is to make text that looks like piped icing writing on a cake, using a parametric method

Does that make sense?

Any thoughts very welcome

Screenshot 2019-05-23 at 07.14.37.png

Edited by hammondchips
Forgot a bit

I don't think you will find a font that is 100% suitable for this because fonts are flat, and there is no parametric way to alter the z position of points so that certain parts of the logo flow behind or in front of others, which is almost always required with handwriting fonts to avoid intersection when you make them 3D.

I have to say every time I have been asked to make a logo like this I have ended up drawing the spline manually, using any client-provided splines (or fonts) merely as a visual guide.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • @CerberaThanks for your thoughts, i feared that would be the feedback for this particular challenge.

If I do find any worthwhile solutions i'll post them back here

Cheers