Remcodebont

Id pass needed without overlap

Hi!

I'm working on a scene where i've got like 30 object overlapping each other. Now I would like to have those 30 objects as seperate object ids. But in the normal way the overlapping points are black, which is logical, but I want my objects to be isolated objects in the pass. Each object is completely white with no black points. Is this possible in c4d?

Thanks!image.thumb.png.376d6a74f86d9f21363f9ee25cefb569.png

I don't think this is possible without a separate render for each object...  Can I ask why you need them to be white where they are obscured by another object?  Because even if you had those object IDs, your beauty pass would still have the other objects overlapping.

Can you get round this by just assigning a temporary white luminant material to all those objects, and then just do a normal render, which should produce the desired result above you are looking for ?

CBR

34 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Can you get round this by just assigning a temporary white luminant material to all those objects, and then just do a normal render, which should produce the desired result above you are looking for ?

CBR

That's a great technique (which I've used quite a bit) for making mattes, but I believe he wants 30 separate passes, each showing the matte for the entire object.

The only time savings I could see besides just rendering 30 times, would be to solo groups of objects that don't overlap each other, then render out the Object IDs for each group in one render.

Ah OK. I see your point :)

CBR