How to make UV map more visible

When using the UV Editor, it would be very useful to be able to see the UV Map clearly in the Canvas square/UV map space, especially when overlaying a background image. I have two questions about this:

1. Is it possible to make the black lines of a UV map in the Canvas either a different color than black or make the background of the Canvas a lighter grey so the lines can be seen  more clearly?

2. When enabling an image in the 'background' of the Canvas, is it possible to dim it so it can still be seen but does not hide the thin, black lines of a UV map?

1. No I don't think so. The actual lines you see in the editor are always black, unless you can change that in preferences (scheme / interface colors), and I can't see that attribute in the list. But when you Create UV Mesh Layer, you can make the active colour something other than black, and the lines should be the colour you chose, but only on that newly created layer. But the actual lines you edit - I think they stay black until UV polys or UV points are selected, at which point they go the colours of the only 2 options I could find in prefs for this. But when unselected, I think they are fixed to black. I do appreciate this sometimes makes stuff difficult to see.

2. No, not for an image you are displaying there AFAIK. But there you can alter the grey of the background in Preferences, although finding exactly which field to alter may take a little time - I think it must be one of the General Background Options, because there doesn't seem to be anything UV or Bodypaint specific...

CBR

• Developer

These features are not available to the native Cinema 4D UV tools.

Because of this and the lack of other features, I created my own UV editor available in two of my plugins: Seamilar and EasyUV.

In both plugins you can define the number of grid lines, as well as their color. Background color is also adjustable.

In Seamilar you have the additional option to use different display modes. One of them is Texture Display mode, which allows to also work in pixel unit, instead of the default UV unit. And you're able to define the "opacity" of the image.

https://toolspixels.be/seamilar/

https://toolspixels.be/easyuv/