Sign in to follow this  
AlexJerome

Fields and Color Remapping

Does anyone happen to know if you are able to mix color remapping on a simple plain effector with an actual material? Everything I try the material overrides any color remapping.

Hi and :welcome: to the Cafe

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, however you may want to use shader effector in combination with fields. Here is an example

Shader.c4d

• Topic Author
  • thanks for the welcome :) 

I am basically trying to achieve just that but with a actual material on the matrix, a dark blue with a nice SSS and then the shader effector would have a light blue with the same SSS and as the effector would roll over the material would change to the light blue.

does that make sense? lol

If you set your effector / field to produce a ramp from black to white you can use that to mask two versions of you material (e.g. in a layer shader). To access the ramp use the MoGraph color shader.

• Topic Author
  • Thanks! this worked perfectly!

Howdy folks!

Hi @Havealot  @AlexJerome!  I'm not sure if anyone on this thread will see this but if so, I'm trying to do the same thing - a plain effector to change size and one material to another as well.  I'm kinda a noob with fields and I'm not sure how to apply your solution.  I've attached a sample file.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Color_Change.c4d

On 5/28/2019 at 6:51 AM, Havealot said:

If you set your effector / field to produce a ramp from black to white you can use that to mask two versions of you material (e.g. in a layer shader). To access the ramp use the MoGraph color shader.

Would love to get a file of this, I'm trying to achieve this effect. Essentially I want to control the colors with octane materials.

@BJasper same here 🙂 trying to solve this simple effect as well. 

Hey Guys, 

Here are two examples:

1: Layer blending in layer shader (uses one material) 

Stack shader setup B inside a folder over shader setup A and blend with a MoGraph Color Shader (make sure it is set to Layer Mask). 

2: Blending with Alpha channel (uses two materials)

Assign both materials two the cloner input object. Enable Alpha channel for the material that has the right most tag in the object manager. Use a MoGraph Color Shader to drive the Alpha value. 

Note: For both to work you have to set the color output (in the color remapping tab) of the Field to a black to white gradient. Also the effector needs to be linked to the cloner. Both is not the case in the example file that was provided and has been changed in my examples. 

Color_Change_Layer_Blend.c4d Color_Change_Alpha_Blend.c4d

On 4/1/2020 at 2:27 AM, Havealot said:

Hey Guys, 

Here are two examples:

1: Layer blending in layer shader (uses one material) 

Stack shader setup B inside a folder over shader setup A and blend with a MoGraph Color Shader (make sure it is set to Layer Mask). 

2: Blending with Alpha channel (uses two materials)

Assign both materials two the cloner input object. Enable Alpha channel for the material that has the right most tag in the object manager. Use a MoGraph Color Shader to drive the Alpha value. 

Note: For both to work you have to set the color output (in the color remapping tab) of the Field to a black to white gradient. Also the effector needs to be linked to the cloner. Both is not the case in the example file that was provided and has been changed in my examples. 

Color_Change_Layer_Blend.c4d 251.17 kB · 3 downloads Color_Change_Alpha_Blend.c4d 211.55 kB · 3 downloads

I just saw your reply, thank you so much.