Sign in to follow this  
Mag Met

How to achieve this effect?

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums. I am an expert in after effects who recently got into Cinema 4D. I have a quick question. Anyone know how to achieve these effects video? I know the first one is After effects but the second one with the guys head on fire, how can I go about this? Do I need specific plugins for that effect? Do you have to track the footage in a separate program and then bring it in? If anyone knows how to get close or a better result, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance. 

Edited by Cerbera
Accurate Titling

The second shot could easily be replicated using basic camera tracking in c4d and then using x-particles to achieve the realistic fire effect. Some minor compositing in AE may help  finish it off.

good luck and post what you come up with.

Looks like it is all done in 2 / 2.5 d. 

Really good video to help you would be this. You need to export your rendered footage as alpha and then use mode screen in AE to place it over the original. 
Your example looks like they froze the picture and then applied the effect in 2D. Hopefully this gets you closer to your answer.