Sign in to follow this  
Adrien

New Mac pro

I just watched apple’s keynote about their new Mac Pro. They claim that MAXON is supporting it and will port redshift to Mac and AMD GPU’s. Same for Otoy. 

No timing yet. Does anybody from MAXON have more information to share on a potential release date? 

Tapping into the amazing performance of the new Mac Pro, we're excited to develop Redshift for Metal, and we're working with Apple to bring an optimized version to the Mac Pro for the first time by the end of the year. We're also actively developing Metal support for Cinema 4D, which will provide our Mac users with accelerated workflows for the most complex content creation. The new Mac Pro graphics architecture is incredibly powerful and is the best system to run Cinema 4D.' - David McGavran, CEO, MAXON

i guess macs are back in business as it seems...

7 minutes ago, everfresh said:

Tapping into the amazing performance of the new Mac Pro, we're excited to develop Redshift for Metal, and we're working with Apple to bring an optimized version to the Mac Pro for the first time by the end of the year. We're also actively developing Metal support for Cinema 4D, which will provide our Mac users with accelerated workflows for the most complex content creation. The new Mac Pro graphics architecture is incredibly powerful and is the best system to run Cinema 4D.' - David McGavran, CEO, MAXON

Wow, I missed that part of the Keynote. Glad I saw you post it. I'm still running an upgraded 5,1. So something I'll keep an eye on. 

That Mac sure looks great!

Now, who were those millionaire members that wish to equip Cafe staff properly :wackywink:?

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

15 minutes ago, Hrvoje said:

That Mac sure looks great!

Now, who were those millionaire members that wish to equip Cafe staff properly :wackywink:?

maybe if we all put our finances together we can get you that 1k monitor stand :wackywink: 

At those prices I will need to vicariously enjoy a new one through you guys.

21 hours ago, everfresh said:

This is fascinating! If MAXON was trying to build a closer partnership with C4D and Macs, it puts the acquisition of Redshift into a whole new light. I, for one, am seriously considering switching back to a Mac after looking through the details of the new Mac Pro (I first started using C4D on a 2007 Mac Pro - which I still have). With Apple's support of Blackmagic's eGPUs, there's the option to further extend the GPUs of a single system and completely bypass the need for using a render farm even for large-scale productions. Especially if MAXON is trying to optimize C4D and Redshift on Macs.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:24 PM, everfresh said:

... and is the best system to run Cinema 4D.' - David McGavran, CEO, MAXON

Yeah right. Because building your own system with as many dedicated GPUs and CPUs as you like is definitely worse than an overpriced Mac with an AMD GPU.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:24 PM, everfresh said:

The new Mac Pro graphics architecture is incredibly powerful and is the best system to run Cinema 4D.' - David McGavran, CEO, MAXON

This is actually quite scary statement. Maybe Apple has an eye on MAXON? This sounds as though C4D will be tailored to run better on Mac? That means Windows users will be second class users? *** MAXON?

52 minutes ago, lieber said:

This is actually quite scary statement. Maybe Apple has an eye on MAXON? This sounds as though C4D will be tailored to run better on Mac? That means Windows users will be second class users? *** MAXON?

I doubt it. What they probably meant is this: https://videocardz.com/80956/amd-announces-radeon-pro-vega-ii-duo-a-dual-vega-20-graphics-card

Although this is, aside from the VRam, still bullshit as the 2080ti roughly performs 14tflops compared to the 12 of this card.

Seems there might be some room for a slightly lesser machine, I like to expand but I don't need eight pci slots and that much ram. I probably couldn't afford even a smaller one but it seems they have made a huge leap towards the very top of the market and all us poor mac freelancers waiting for a decent box to buy will have to wait some more.

And its got a 1500 watt power supply, it will be like having my kettle on all day.

Deck