Sign in to follow this  
zenmonkey

Redshift training recommendation

Hi folks,

I am looking for some professional Redshift training and was wondering what you guys recommend.

I am looking for a comprehensive course with intermediate and advanced topics in it as well (besides normal beginner stuff).

So far I have come across these:

Learn Redshift for Cinema 4D by  Rich Nosworthy (Vol1/2)

Greyscalegorilla’s Guide to Redshift

Ultimate Redshift course by lfodesign

Would love to hear any experience people had with these courses or any other course you found useful. 

Cheers,

Numan

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

• Topic Author
  •  

Great resources! I especially love the blue fox channel with their short to the point videos.

Looking for some responses from people who bought paid courses. The frustrating thing is there are no public reviews for these courses. Google didn't help much in this case...

1 hour ago, Igor said:

Why do you need paid ones? There are plenty of great free tutorial! 

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

2 hours ago, zenmonkey said:

Looking for some responses from people who bought paid courses. The frustrating thing is there are no public reviews for these courses. Google didn't help much in this case...

I have purchased the Hello LUXX one and I think it was worth the money.  I was quite happy with the way they explained most of the nodes and what changes are needed within them to get desired outcome. C4d as a hobby, this was plenty of info for me to get strong grip on things.  BTW the LFO Design has free video on how to use fields in Redshift. This might give you good Idea how the rest of the tut might be. 

Bought the Hellolux, was not disappointed. The ones Igor mentioned look great too.

Yeah def recommend Helloluxx! Beside the links above also search "motion designers community" on youtube. They have great tutorials. I like this one:

• Topic Author
  • On 6/4/2019 at 5:00 PM, Igor said:

Why do you need paid ones? There are plenty of great free tutorial! 

From personal experience, I learn faster and better from well designed paid courses than free youtube content although there is definitely high quality free material on youtube.

• Topic Author
  • 14 hours ago, Frokito said:

Yeah def recommend Helloluxx! Beside the links above also search "motion designers community" on youtube. They have great tutorials. I like this one:

Great video! Thank you!

• Topic Author
  • On 6/4/2019 at 7:53 PM, DanLSK said:

I have purchased the Hello LUXX one and I think it was worth the money.  I was quite happy with the way they explained most of the nodes and what changes are needed within them to get desired outcome. C4d as a hobby, this was plenty of info for me to get strong grip on things.  BTW the LFO Design has free video on how to use fields in Redshift. This might give you good Idea how the rest of the tut might be. 

Definitely great high quality video. Looks like they had a successful kickstarter for this project!