Hey guys, Im having the weirdest issue ever, I have a scene I was working on yesterday is a bit heavy, and today I opened the file and for some reason each time i click the camera (like in the object manager) c4d stops responding @_@

Two things you can try first:

• Click the camera and wait for an extended period of time. As you said, the scene is heavy and sometimes things just take very long, even though that shouldn't happen with a camera.
  • Open the project, select EVERYTHING, paste it into a new document, save document, try again.

• Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, DasFrodo said:

Two things you can try first:

• Click the camera and wait for an extended period of time. As you said, the scene is heavy and sometimes things just take very long, even though that shouldn't happen with a camera.
    • Open the project, select EVERYTHING, paste it into a new document, save document, try again.

1- Left it over night, still not responding.

2- I'm unable to select because as soon as I touch the object manager it stops working.

You don't have to touch the Object Manager, you can just click into the viewport once and then press ctrl+a.

If that crashes your project as well... I hope you have an oder backup from before the issue.

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

You don't have to touch the Object Manager, you can just click into the viewport once and then press ctrl+a.

If that crashes your project as well... I hope you have an oder backup from before the issue.

Doesn't work either, what can I say, it's a simple project didn't feel the need to back up,  now, one thing, I started this project on a different machine and I'm opening it on another one, even though I tried with the original one and it didn't work, may that be a reason or maybe it corrupted the file?

There's all kinds of reasons why a file might get corrupted. I've never had it happen because of switching machines though. Wouldn't make any sense anyways.

Just something in general: ALWAYS have backups. No matter how small the project is. If anything happens you have to do it again, even if it's just two hours. That's two hours just gone. There's really no reason to not have backups nowadays as it's increadibly easy with cloud drives or just straight up backup software like Veeam Backup. I use that software to backup my projects folder onto an external hard drive every day. One complete backup every monday, incremental backups for the rest of the week. If anything happens to my projects the worst thing that could happen is losing a day of work.

Now I'm not saying the file is dead, but I'm out of ideas. You can attach the file and I'll try to open it, if that's possible for you.

I can open the file no problem but I don't have xParticles. I suspect it has something to do with it. You could try removing the plugin and opening up the file after that. If it doesn't crash anymore you have your culprit.

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, DasFrodo said:

I can open the file no problem but I don't have xParticles. I suspect it has something to do with it. You could try removing the plugin and opening up the file after that. If it doesn't crash anymore you have your culprit.

Yup, Released the license and it started working, so I'm working with x-particles simultanously and I have to release the license on one machine to use it on another, maybe that could cause a verification error? at this point I'm better of with x-particles support right?

I'd think so. This seems to be an issue solely related with X-Particles. Good luck!

• Like 1