Sign in to follow this  
Cerbera

VR Sculpting...

Here are a few more VR options. Not all are available at this time, coming soon.

New headsets with high res screens:

HP Reverb

Acer OJO ConceptD

HTC Cosmos

Super high res screens:

Varjo VR-1

Some more wide FOV headsets: 

StarVR

XTAL

Some of these are very expensive, but many of these companies are supposed to produce consumer versions in the future.

If anyone plans to do serious content creation in 3d I suggest that you really want an HMD that is ultra-comfortable and features super visual quality. HMDs can be fuzzy/blurry visually and exhibit a "screen door" visual appearance. Read up on which HMDs give you good crisp imagery.

And controllers can't be overlooked.

One advantage of the Index controllers is that not only can they sense motion from each individual finger....and hand pressure....but they have a key ergonomic feature. They grip your hands instead of you having to grip them, reducing fatigue as being required to hold onto anything for long work sessions gets tiresome.

22 hours ago, Jimh said:

Here are a few more VR options. Not all are available at this time, coming soon.

New headsets with high res screens:

HP Reverb

Acer OJO ConceptD

HTC Cosmos

Super high res screens:

Varjo VR-1

Some more wide FOV headsets: 

StarVR

XTAL

Some of these are very expensive, but many of these companies are supposed to produce consumer versions in the future.

The HP Reverb looks nice at $650 with the nice high res display.

The Varjo VR-1 at 6k euro is a lot.  It's also not super high res in the whole screen.  That tiny screen has to move to where you are looking to make everything look good.

StarVR and Xtal are also super expensive at $3200 and 4900 euro.

Pimax seems like it might be the best.  They are still developing it so we will see.

I discovered this program called Revive to let people who have a Vive play Oculus games.  I bought Oculus Medium and tried it with Revive.  It works fantastic!  Super responsive with no lag.

The sculpting tools in Medium are way beyond what other VR sculpting programs have.  Between MasterpieceVR, Kodon, Kanova, and Medium, Medium is the only VR sculpting program I've found that has the much needed move tool.  The move tool works much like the move tool in 3DCoat with voxel sculpting, but you have the freedom to twist and move at the same time.  It has a layers menu, an adjustable light, texture painting, a twist brush that kind of blows your mind, a huge number of object that can be used with a 3D preview and the ability to import any mesh.  When done sculpting it has a poly reducer built in before choosing to export to fbx or obj.  The poly reducer does a fantastic job of reducing and keeping the detail.  It's so fun to use I was giggling.  Things just work and flow together.  Such a bargain at only $30.

Here is their Medium Youtube channel for those still trying to decide if they want to use it.

I can't wait for QuadRemesher to come out for C4D.  Sculpting in Medium then exporting to C4D to use QuadRemesher would be a fantastic workflow.  Polyreducer is great in Medium, but getting a good quad mesh with one button click is another level.

OK guys - persuade me... What's the big advantage over a decent screen and a tablet and stylus?
I really don't get it...

I tried and I am not impressed! I love my pen and tablet more than this, if nothing else is healthier for your eyes!

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy: