Ogunzinho

Cloner emitters inheriting motion

Hi There

I'm experimenting with using the Matrix object to clone emitters and have Matrix Particles as Thinking Particle emitter objects.

However, I cannot for the life of me get the particles to inherit motion from the emitters. Anybody have any clue how to get the motion from inside the Matrix (or Cloner, either can be used) to set the particles moving in the right direction and speed that it is just taken from the emitter?

It's easy enough with simpler emitters, but absolutely fiendish using the MoGraph tools.

Thanks for any help

Not entirely clear what your after, do you want clones on an emitter like below, if so you use a regular cloner in object mode with the emitter as the object.

Deck

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 15.04.23.png

emitter cloner.c4d

• Topic Author
  • Hi there, thanks for trying to help.

No, that's not quite it - I want emitters inside a cloner, inheriting the movement of the emitters. The movement here was from Signal, but I've baked it into keyframes in case you don't have that plugin.

Scene file attached - how do I get the particles to inherit the motion from the emitters??

Thanks

Matrix Emitters.c4d

I figured it would be more complex, bit above my pay grade I think. The only thing that sounds similar to me is the follow position option when things are dynamic but I don't think that works when cloned onto an emitter.

I imagine one of the cafe mograph expresso heavyweights will sort you out, seems like quite a challenge.

Deck

• Topic Author
  • Haha, yes, me too! I'm the intern, someone call the Creative Director! :D

• Topic Author
  • Blimey, I do believe I've sussed it out!

If anyone who knows more (ie something, anything) about Expresso and the TP workflow than me could let me know if there's a better way please let me know! I'm pretty sure it's accurately doing what I want it to

Scene file attached:

Thanks for any extra tips, anyone

Matrix Emitters_update.c4d