Sign in to follow this  
Ogunzinho

Effectors don't work with Dynamics?!?!

Hi

I've a scene with a few cloners dynamically effecting each others objects.

All was going well, but I want to use a push-apart effector on dynamically 'ready' clones, so they interact with other clones effectively.

The effector is only functional at frame 0 - as soon as the timeline moves, the effector is dsabled and only dynamics works....

Is this 'a thing'? Can I not use effectors on cloners which are dynamically active?

Seriously peeved

Any advice? Is there a setting that lets both work together? I've tried using the force settings to avail, i can literally move my effector at frame 0 and see it working, advance 1 frame, move it again and it no longer does anything.

Cheers for any advice

Hard to say without scene file....

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • It's just shy of 10Mb, so I don't think it will upload

• Topic Author
  • Nope, only <2Mb

Not sure how to lower it, I already deleted all the textures etc.

• Topic Author
  • On the other hand, the issue seems fairly clear:

If I apply dynamics tags to clone objects already being effected by effectors, as soon as the dynamics tags are applied, the effectors no longer work (whether rigid body or collision body tags are applied).

Is this is a thing? Or is there a setting (apart from force, which I think only applies to keyframes on rigid bodies) that allows effectors to overcome dynamics while still allowing them to function?

Do I need to bake the effectors then apply dynamics?

If you think about it a bit you will see that it makes perfect sense. Let's say you have a simple cloner and you lift clones with plain effector for 100 units and you are happy. Then you add dynamics. What do you want to happen? For clones to drop due to dynamics or stay lifted for 100 units due to effector? :)

You can't have both at the same time. That is why in dynamics tag you have follow position and rotation. By using these settings you control the bias. 0 Means dynamics, 100 means effector and everything in between is interpolated

Free C4D trainings from MAXON professional on our youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/c4dcafe

• Topic Author
  • Yeah, I just want the moon on a stick ;)

• Topic Author
  • Turns out a better answer to my original question was actually "change the Trigger setting in the Dynamics Tag/Dynamics from 'Immediately' where it is by default, to either 'On Collision' or 'At Velocity Peak' and the effectors will continue to function while dynamics can still affect those objects being driven by the effectors.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:24 PM, Ogunzinho said:

Turns out a better answer to my original question was actually "change the Trigger setting in the Dynamics Tag/Dynamics from 'Immediately' where it is by default, to either 'On Collision' or 'At Velocity Peak' and the effectors will continue to function while dynamics can still affect those objects being driven by the effectors.

Just out of interest, how could any of us have known that without the scene file ? ;)

CBR