Going on a holiday in a few weeks, which gave me this idea: crappy things that could happen when you travel with the worst airline ever. Horrible ground crew, control tower that doesn't pay any attention at all, crappy taxi drivers, and so on. 

A lot of objects, vehicles and actually just one character, but with different outfits and assets. Also made up a name, logo and some great advertising posters. I'll upload some more images of the models in next posts, as I only get to upload 4.9Mb 

So in the end, I created these 5 animations:

Watch on Vimeo: 

The joy of traveling: taxi

The joys of traveling: checking in

The joys of traveling: ground crew

The joys of traveling: control tower

The joys of traveling: vip > upload limit exceeded on Vimeo =( will upload it next week!

Hope you like them, and of course, feel free to give feedback!

logo-and-banners-and-icons.jpg

people crewmember.jpg

clay crewmember.jpg

clay fueltruck.jpg

clay luggage.jpg

clay luggagecart.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 3

Still killing the game :D

19 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

Still killing the game :D

What he said. Brilliant as usual :)

Exceptionally pleasing wireframes.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Thanks a lot guys =)

I hope my bags don't get thrown around like in the animation ^^

@cerbera: here's some more!

The aircraft was a b*tch to model by the way. First I made one window, put that into a linear cloner. Made the doorpanel after that, and put one of them on either side. Connect those three part by using the 'connect'-object, and use a wrap deformer to make a half-cilinder. Throw in a symmetry to mirror the other half.

After that, I made it editable and used a FFD-deformer to give it a bit of an round, cartoony shape. 

making-the-hull.thumb.jpg.f7a664ed264ab1ae8018cef2cd531d18.jpg

clay aircraft.jpg

clay cleaningcart.jpg

clay securityvan.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingcoma said:

The aircraft was a b*tch to model by the way.

Yeah, but you found the nicest way of getting those windows deformation free, so well worth it in the end :) Lovely job on that.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • CApruzzese: thanks! It actually all started with the idea of making a huge infographic about an airport.. I made a lot of items and road segments, all square. And the idea was that you could build a scene using those pieces. Since everything was square, I thought it would be fun to have a square format as well. In the end, things changed and eventually made these animations instead, but still keeping the square format. 

Also thought it's handy because of all the mobile stuff, smartphones, iPads, etc. So no matter which way you turn your device, it's always the same! ^^

2 minutes ago, kingcoma said:

CApruzzese: thanks! It actually all started with the idea of making a huge infographic about an airport.. I made a lot of items and road segments, all square. And the idea was that you could build a scene using those pieces. Since everything was square, I thought it would be fun to have a square format as well. In the end, things changed and eventually made these animations instead, but still keeping the square format. 

Also thought it's handy because of all the mobile stuff, smartphones, iPads, etc. So no matter which way you turn your device, it's always the same! ^^

I am partial to square format, years of using it with medium format cameras back in the day, i think.