Sign in to follow this  
moumines

Export multiple UV tiles to obj

I have started to use multiple UV tiles when texturing my objects (see attached image). I need to export the models as .obj files and convert them to .gltf files. However, when I open the .gltf file the multi UV tiles are ignored and everything is treated like one big texture, i.e. there’s only one single texture face applied to it, which is of course extremely stretched. Is it possible to get C4D to treat each UV tile as its own separate texture face when exporting to obj?

uvtiles.png

This is not really a new tile each time, this just means that C4D tiles the texture x times. This obviously does not translate to obj and other formats as they always use the 1:1 UV space and the tile setting in C4D does not literally change the UV's.

• Topic Author
  • Ah okay I see, thank you! Is there any other possibility to do the same thing where C4D actually changes the UVs so that it translates to obj files? I have a few large scale models and my textures are nowhere near high-res enough, unfortunately. But I guess if objs always use the 1:1 UV space this isn't possible?