Sign in to follow this  
MaxEnrik

Exactly same distance between objects

I would like to give exactly same distance between all of cylinders over sphere, I tried with `Push Apart` but I am not satisfied with it. Any help?

iBK5yq.jpg

The push apart Effector does not work like that. If your cloner mode is set to Surface it is impossible to achieve. What you need is polygon center distribution, and another, much higher resolution icosa object to clone onto so that you get the density you require. It can then be made invisible if you only want to see the other one...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • After my initial post, I just kept to try and I only found a way that you just mentioned. And thanks a lot for that. And yeah looks like its only way to achieve to what I want.

( Note: When I use higher resolution like 100 segments or more and this way really cost heavier, so slows down viewport. )

Need to ask is possible to use XP to find easier way? (I mean if I use XP it won't slows down viewport as standard way.)

I don't have XP, so don't know about that. But you may be be able to avoid the slow-down by using render or even multi-instances in the cloner. The latter one of those, although it does have some limitations (see manual), should let you create millions of clones with no slowdown. or you could consider doing it with hair and instanced geometry - that can be quite fast too...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • Hmm, sounds great. I have to try some deeply about that. I hope it should work. Thanks!

maybe you could use hair for something like that, as its just simple cylinders. Couldn't swear it will be quicker but imagine it would be. Ive not played with hair for a while but you can distribute them in all kinds of ways as I recall.

Deck

Just noticed CBR already mentioned hair, that would be the way Id go