I recall that this animation made the news when it came out because it mixed an environmental message, a catchy hip-hop tune with profanity that many people thought was just unnecessary.  So if it was meant to be an environmental message, then Lil Dicky couldn't take a break from the profanity, drugs and sexual references to get his message through to people. 

In response to that backlash, they did come out with a cleaner version in the hopes to reach more people:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2SMvfGe72U

Overall though, not my cup of tea....drug references, close-up of monkey butts, plus the main character getting an erection at 4:41 take away from whatever it is the video hopes to achieve: Environmental message, humorous song, montage of cute animals....take your pick because I have no idea what the point of it all was having (like so many other people did) hit the mute button to just watch the animation after a few minutes.

Personally, I think he squandered a great opportunity to really make something memorable.  But that is what happens when you race to the bottom to get your point across.

Dave

• Like 1

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

3 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

I recall that this animation made the news when it came out because it mixed an environmental message, a catchy hip-hop tune with profanity that many people thought was just unnecessary.  So if it was meant to be an environmental message, then Lil Dicky couldn't take a break from the profanity, drugs and sexual references to get his message through to people. 

In response to that backlash, they did come out with a cleaner version in the hopes to reach more people:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2SMvfGe72U

Overall though, not my cup of tea....drug references, close-up of monkey butts, plus the main character getting an erection at 4:41 take away from whatever it is the video hopes to achieve: Environmental message, humorous song, montage of cute animals....take your pick because I have no idea what the point of it all was having (like so many other people did) hit the mute button to just watch the animation after a few minutes.

Personally, I think he squandered a great opportunity to really make something memorable.  But that is what happens when you race to the bottom to get your point across.

Dave

I agree Dave and the clean version is good.  regardless of which version they are needed, we don't have a planet B to go to. 

Greenland Icesheet melts.jpg

I don't have a dirty mind because I use Mental Floss.

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Dave

Eh, I guess it's just kind of a preferance. I think they do this because they know young people talk way more about it this way. Personally I really don't have any issues with it in it's original form but each to his own.