• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
AlexisB

Spline Curves

Hey guys,

I am drawing a Spline on my scene and i have 2 questions:

1 - I wanna cut the curve i drew into 2 to get rid of a part of it, so i need to add an additional point on the Spline to delete the last one after it. How do i do that?

981819110_ScreenShot2019-06-22at10_15_19AM.thumb.png.bc3b1fdb4d44cdb8f73f67f28dcf0286.png

2- Everytime i am drawing a perfect curve it seems to go waaay out into the X axis or the Y or the Z axis. Is there any way that i can draw a curve while still keeping it aligned to an axis correctly?

1037921198_ScreenShot2019-06-22at10_25_56AM.thumb.png.9206d15d365cba9bfa5c84ec96c6a929.png

Thank you

If you draw in one of the orthographic views, left top front etc, then it should all stay flat. you can add a point with the spline pen tool or cut it with the knife as you would with polys

Deck

Using Pen tool with holding Ctrl you can see immediatelly on spline "cut" symbol, so you can cut spline at place as you need. What is more interesting is using right click menu on this point. Now you could delete, disconnect or adjust kind of tangents. For you, option disconnect is what you want. This way you could cut spline at place of point (spline will be cutted "physically" into sepataed spline segments and what is the great benefit, tangents of newly created points will be kept.) The you only need select just one point of spline segment what you want to delete, then press U~W (select connected) and press Del...