BIgor

Problem with Mixamo RIGG

Hello :D So in this 2:30 minute video I explain my problem, If you have the time please take a look and maybe you know the answer :D  THX in advance :D 

Edited by BIgor

Hi @Bigor, I'm not sure I understood you well: 

- Are you talking about the soft deformation on the left knee on 0:25?  If so then your problem is the skinning between thigh and sheen

- Are you talking about the translation jumping at 2:03?  In that case your problem is most likely that the joints on which the skin is bound are already keyframed.

• Topic Author
  • 9 minutes ago, Vertex Helix said:

Hi @Bigor, I'm not sure I understood you well: 

- Are you talking about the soft deformation on the left knee on 0:25?  If so then your problem is the skinning between thigh and sheen

- Are you talking about the translation jumping at 2:03?  In that case your problem is most likely that the joints on which the skin is bound are already keyframed.

@Vertex Helix Well I am talking about both of the problems, the deformation is to much and I have done some re-weighting/painting but the problems remains, the jump happens even when there is no animation on the rig... not sure why... 

Regarding the deformation check to see if there's any other joint apart from the obvious 2 ones that has values/influence over the deforming mesh. Otherwise turn auto-normalize off and try to repaint the weights of those two joints, then turn back on normalizing during smoothing influence between them.

Jumping wise perhaps in frame zero there's a keyframe on the root or the root joint. To be sure make a project copy, remove all motion clips and keyframes and see if the problem persists.

• Topic Author
  • 3 minutes ago, Vertex Helix said:

Regarding the deformation check to see if there's any other joint apart from the obvious 2 ones that has values/influence over the deforming mesh. Otherwise turn auto-normalize off and try to repaint the weights of those two joints, then turn back on normalizing during smoothing influence between them.

Jumping wise perhaps in frame zero there's a keyframe on the root or the root joint. To be sure make a project copy, remove all motion clips and keyframes and see if the problem persists.

Will try the normalize part, didi try deleting all keyframes still the problem remains. I am starting to think that it might have to do something with the Mesh that I imported into mixamo, might nit have been zero-d out in 3D space?... 

Hi

The character should have had its transformations frozen.  It's easy to fix.  Turn off the skin and the character moved into what was the original position you exported it out as. I like to place the pivot at the feet myself as it helps get the feet no the ground.  , now the character is where it should be., Zero off all transformations  Select the weighting tag and press "Set bind pose"  Your character will remain in place with the skin on or off.

Now if you have animation on it already it should be ok if you move the character in place of where the skeleton rig is.  If you wish to move the joints that could mess the animation up as the joint you moved will have been keyed in a different location throughout the animation. Moving a joint like the knee and keyframing that will only result in the knee reverting back to its original keyed animated position showing a sudden jolt. as it locks back  The way to move the whole rig without messing the animation is to use a Pivot object found in the animation menu, but as I said your best to move the character to the rig rather than mess with the joints position, then use the pivot object to move the whole rig with its animation in place.

In general, you won't have the spine in the same anatomical location as a human but in the middle of the body.  The knee sits slightly forward in a bent position to aid IK but if Mixamo don't do this that's fine as its not using IK so aim for the rig to be in the middle of each limb.  If in doubt where mixamo prefers to place its joints zero off the character and upload it again to see where it should have placed them.  If you're using Motion clips you can apply what you did to the new mixamo rigged version as long as the same hierarchy root joint is selected when making a motion clip for it as the first mixmo rig was.

Dan

• Namaste 1

• Topic Author
  • On 6/25/2019 at 9:41 AM, Rectro said:

Hi

The character should have had its transformations frozen.  It's easy to fix.  Turn off the skin and the character moved into what was the original position you exported it out as. I like to place the pivot at the feet myself as it helps get the feet no the ground.  , now the character is where it should be., Zero off all transformations  Select the weighting tag and press "Set bind pose"  Your character will remain in place with the skin on or off.

Now if you have animation on it already it should be ok if you move the character in place of where the skeleton rig is.  If you wish to move the joints that could mess the animation up as the joint you moved will have been keyed in a different location throughout the animation. Moving a joint like the knee and keyframing that will only result in the knee reverting back to its original keyed animated position showing a sudden jolt. as it locks back  The way to move the whole rig without messing the animation is to use a Pivot object found in the animation menu, but as I said your best to move the character to the rig rather than mess with the joints position, then use the pivot object to move the whole rig with its animation in place.

In general, you won't have the spine in the same anatomical location as a human but in the middle of the body.  The knee sits slightly forward in a bent position to aid IK but if Mixamo don't do this that's fine as its not using IK so aim for the rig to be in the middle of each limb.  If in doubt where mixamo prefers to place its joints zero off the character and upload it again to see where it should have placed them.  If you're using Motion clips you can apply what you did to the new mixamo rigged version as long as the same hierarchy root joint is selected when making a motion clip for it as the first mixmo rig was.

Dan

Yes this sounds like it will work I will give it a try, I am using MoCap from mixamo and Motion Clips so animating the sequence again will only be a few minutes :D THX :D