Sign in to follow this  
SDiraptor

Animating arrows in R20

Hello all,

Had a look at below topic, where @Cerbera suggests using Arrowtools or Arrowmaker to make make and animate arrows.

However:

Arrowtools gives me the following warning when I try to install:  I've closed the popup and carried on playing with it, but I don't think it's working correctly.

image.png.3600e1c911862ba4117b6ad752e698f3.png

Arrowmaker looks a better option, I've downloaded and installed plugin, but it's not appearing in C4D.  According to Greyscalegorilla plugins in R20 have to be updated by developer before they're compatible.

Any other suggestions how a noob can easily animate arrows in C4D?

Thanks in advance!

Moved to Correct Section (animation etc)

Yes, that won't work under R20 unless the Insidium Bridge will solve it for you, which it does with about 50% of plugins I have tried. I haven't tried this one.

That's quite a 'general' type of question, and there are lots of ways to make arrows in Cinema. If you first asked this back in 2017 should we assume you have 2 years worth of modelling skills behind you now for example ? And the more info you can give us about how the arrows should animate, or what they are otherwise doing, the better, which will help us narrow down the best method for that application. SO, what should your arrows look like (feel free to post reference pics), and what should they be doing movement-wise ?

CBR

Not sure if this is the same tool, but I 'repaired' an arrow tool (to R20) for a member a while back.

arrow Tool.c4d

• Topic Author
  • @jed works spot on.  thanks for that!

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Moved to Correct Section (animation etc)

Yes, that won't work under R20 unless the Insidium Bridge will solve it for you, which it does with about 50% of plugins I have tried. I haven't tried this one.

As the author of ArrowMaker, I can confirm that it does indeed work in R20 using the Insydium Bridge.