Sign in to follow this  
musecreation

Translucent pattern on glass Cycles4D

Hi there! I am trying to layer an image onto the glass bsdf. My goal is to have blueish clear glass with a translucent pattern of a nebula. How would I do this in Cycles 4D?

space-315uqsztl4woiv3nk6xi4g.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 1.05.57 PM.png

I'm not sure if this is heading towards what you want? I'm sure there are some nodes or some other way to do this that might work better. I've just started learning Cycles4d a few weeks ago. Possibly someone else will come along with better advice. 

You may also try the translucent node.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you so much. I'm new to Cycles 4D also. I think what you suggested worked ...I tried the translucent first and then switched to transparent. Thank you very much. I wish there was a site for learning Cycles step by step for beginners. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 6.36.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 6.42.22 AM.png

You should also should go through the video tutorials on the Insydium website, i found them helpful. 

Also, if you look for Blender Cycles tutorials, you'll find plenty on youtube/vimeo. Cycles is Blender's default renderer, so you'l most likely find more tutorials for using Cycles in Blender than c4d. Blender has a differenet interface, but the nodes are all the same, except for a few nodes unique to Cycles4D like the mograph node.

• Topic Author
  • Thank you so much! I appreciate it very much. I will take a look at those videos. I'm looking forward to learning more about Cycles

There was suppose to be images attached to my post. So sorry about that! Glad you were able to sort it out and also the helpful info that southpaw posted too. 

I also went through all the video training they have posted, which is really useful for learning. 

• Topic Author
  • Thank you so much StageFive!