• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
António Florença

Mojave and Renderers for Cinema 4D

Hello,

There are no updates of NVIDIA's CUDA driver for macOS Mojave, which means renderers such as Redshift and Octane aren't available for Mojave users.

What are the best renderers that are available for Mojave? Looking around online, the best I could find is Arnold but it's pricy. Are there any other good alternatives you know of?

Any hints and suggestions on this issue would be great.

All the best,

António

Please try and post in the right section, which is not New users and Beginners when we're talking about Renderers that don't come with the software ! I will move this to the right place for you (3rd Party renderers).

CBR

Definitely sucks to be a Redshift user on a Mac right now!  Glad I switched to PC ;)

One option would be to just not upgrade the OS until they come out with RS for Metal, which will allow AMD cards to render for RS.  That could be a year +, though.  Are you specifically looking for a GPU renderer, or just anything?  Corona looks pretty great and only 25 euros/month, but it is a CPU renderer.  Cycles is GPU or CPU, so that could be a good option.  If you want to use the GPU on a Mac, though, looks like you might be stuck: http://manual.cycles4d.net/html/sysreq.htm

• Topic Author
  • Thank Café Regular, I didn't know about Corona and it looks promising.

All the best,

António

Haha, I've never been called "Cafe Regular" before!  I guess it's like the Cafe equivalent of "Comrade?" 

birds greet GIF

(my name's Nate, btw)

• Topic Author
  • Lol Sorry for that, Nate. Weird mistake. Anyway, thanks again for the feedback and the input on Corona.

corona is definitely a nice renderer, but in case you missed the news, MAXON/redshift announced they're going to have redshift ported to metal by the end of the year.  looking forward to be able to use redshift on a mac without having to fire up my egpu every time and also to finally be able to upgrade my systems to mojave.

I don't think I saw that it would be end of year.  That's good news!