Sign in to follow this  
Tero Kotsalainen

How to merge multiple polygons as one?

@Cerbera look like similar topo to mine regarding the loop and around the top edge.

o5m4BfE.png

oYq8O6n.png

Dan

10 minutes ago, Rectro said:

@Cerbera look like similar topo to mine regarding the loop and around the top edge.

Dan

Oh yes, yours is a winner too of course :) But if we're really going to get picky and make truly circular-form ends, as I think OP's first ref pic demands, then we do get a more controlled result with more of the circle form concentrated in the right places if we use a few more polys and define that curvature in the base form. This is being very picky, but it is a point that stands :)

CBR

Just now, Cerbera said:

Oh yes, yours is a winner too of course :) But if we're really going to get picky and make truly circular form ends, as I think OP's first pic shows, then we do get amore controlled result with more of the circle form concentrated in the right places if we use a few more polys and define that curvature in the base form. This is being very picky :)

CBR

Thats not being picky. your right. always worth the extra little bit of effort to get it bang on, good controlled method you have shown.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Thanks guys for help! I'm still at it, even thought it is not the easiest way to start but hey gonna learn during the process! Big thanks to ya'll!

• Topic Author
  • Actually one thing still haha! Why does this look like this, what I'm doing wrong with texture and colors? It looks soft end edgy and over all not real.

Näyttökuva 2019-7-15 kello 18.45.28.png

Looks like this object is not under a subdivision Surface object like it should be if it was made low poly.

CBR

Ok, well we can't really tell from a picture with no lines visible...

CBR

Need to share the scene it will help us help you much faster.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Does these help, actually I'm stuck again with this project but not gonna give up. :compHate:

Näyttökuva 2019-7-16 kello 1.08.45.png

Näyttökuva 2019-7-16 kello 1.10.36.png