Sign in to follow this  
dnblue

Animated Textures not working

Hi all, 

Im trying to apply an animated face as a texture to a rigged character. Im on a Mac, and when i export from After Effects as a Quicktime Lossless with Alpha and import the mov as a texture it produces a Question Mark and says (AVAssetReader startReading) failed. Anyone know what the problem is?

Am confused, because doing exactly the same thing on my home PC using a AVI does exactly what i want. 

I want to avoid that workaround and have tried using a PNG sequence, but with this I cant get the full sequence working it just stays static on the first frame. This is despite clicking Calculate on the Animation tab of the Material manager and enabling Animate Preview on the Editor tab.

Would be great if anyone knows how to fix?

Thanks!

Definitely use PNG sequence. Go to your material and find the sequence you imported. Click on its thumbnail then hit the Animation tab and click Calculate at the bottom. Right-Click on the thumbnail and hit Animate at the top. I would also go back to the top level of that material and go to the Editor tab. If it still doesn't move, right-click again and make sure Animate is selected.

That should now render the movie, as well as, update in the Perspective Window. Enjoy.

• Topic Author
  • Perfect, thanks BigAl3d!