Info News:
  • C4D Cafe 2.0 COMING SOON!

Sign in to follow this  
Crispypie

Champagne bottle cork foil - how?

Hello everyone.

I was wondering how one would go about modelling the foil covering the cork of a champagne/sparkling wine bottle. I was thinking of using the cloth dresser one way or the other but does anyone have a tangible experience doing this they could share. Thanks for any help in advance!

-Crispypie

All sorts of ways you could start this...

The foil I have seen starts perfectly smooth on the neck of the bottle and transitions to crumply foldiness at the top - is that the sort of thing you need ?

If so, I would model it tight to the neck initially (splitting off the neck polys as my base in fact and normal moving them out a fraction), but then I would smooth subdivide a good few times, and then, using a low scale noise-driven displacer I would add the crumpling to all of that model (make displacer a child of object), using the fall-off in the displacer (linear, Y+) to fade in that crumpling. You can then optionally sculpt the crumply bit when you have taken an editable copy...

Or at least that's how I'd try it first...

There's also the Set Point Value in Crumple mode method, but I think you'll struggle to make cloth behave as you need whatever you try and do with it...

CBR

17 minutes ago, Crispypie said:

Hello everyone.

I was wondering how one would go about modelling the foil covering the cork of a champagne/sparkling wine bottle. I was thinking of using the cloth dresser one way or the other but does anyone have a tangible experience doing this they could share. Thanks for any help in advance!

-Crispypie

What about selecting the polygons of the bottle with cap, , scale it slightly larger then using the split get a  copy.  Then use the Shrink Wrap Deformer.  add some noise, maybe some sculpting to finish it off.  Realy depends on the topology of the geometry that your copying it from also.

Dan