Sign in to follow this  
Freemorpheme

Making it Look Great 12

Anyone know if this is likely to appear ever? I am thinking about buying MLG11 and if 12 materialises and has loads of stuff on UVs I will be a sad little boy. It's not cheap enough to just get it on a whim.

Each of the MLG series are standalone learning series. 11 is not an "upgrade" on 10. They each have their own merit. So there is no need to worry about what will come out next.

And MLG11 might be the finest tutorial series you will ever buy. I find it so.

That all said...I suspect there will be price promos upcoming around the SIGGRAPH timeframe...end of the month. Don't know if that particular product will be on sale, but just a thought.

And, since MAXON has publicly said that they're working on revamping their UV tools, I don't think anyone would be building a massive tutorial series about the current workflow.

On 7/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, Greatszalam said:

And, since MAXON has publicly said that they're working on revamping their UV tools, I don't think anyone would be building a massive tutorial series about the current workflow.

not to bash but thats what they said couple of years ago and nothing came of it. 

They said it's a long process. I'm assuming they're waiting to get more things hooked into the new core.

Hi,

Toby here (MILG11 bloke). Just saw this and thought I'd write a few thoughts on this.

The topic of a UV MILG tutorial has come up many, many times. The problem is that the UV tools in C4D are archaic having been neglected for years. They are not unusable but compared to other software they are quite pathetic. Both John and myself have said we'd like to wait for improvements till we tackle that topic. Sadly I can't see that happening for a few years. Speak to MAXON about that! :/

Plans are in the works for something new but I can't say what that is at the moment ;)

Tob

• Topic Author
  • On 8/10/2019 at 5:51 PM, tobywan said:

UV tools in C4D are archaic

I really really thought they would be updated this time round. Now I have to buy Rizom as well!