Sign in to follow this  
Foresman

Object clipping into each other viewport

While navigating around my scene in the viewport i'm getting this clipping effect, see attachment.  The objects aren't right up against each other and are several units apart, like the road for example.  From some angles it looks fine but kind of jumps/glitches while I'm moving my camera around.  Renders fine.  Any ideas or settings I could look into?

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 10.45.28 AM.png

Without the scene file itself it is difficult to be exact as to why this is happening, but the angled nature of the intersection looks like you have non planar polys somewhere. Could you upload the .c4d file so we can confirm this or not ?

Also, is your profile correct, and you are still on 19.24, or have you done the rest of the R19 updates since then ?

CBR

Why haven't you done the updates ? They solve a lot of problems with earlier versions...

But this isn't one of them. This is a viewport clipping thing, solvable by setting that to Large in Project Settings.

The gap between those surfaces is only 7 mm so that is perhaps to be expected at larger scene scales...

CBR

• Topic Author
  • That was it.  Thank you for the help!

I know I need to update but I have several render clients that are all on the same version so I will update when I have the time to update all the computers.