• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Sign in to follow this  
Rectro

Ornatrix Beta Hair From mesh Strips Test

HI Guys.

Iv not had much chance to use Ornatrix beta, but with the added new feature which still has some things to iron out I thought id try my old model with its mesh strips, it didnt do a bad job with some tweaking.  This hair was generated from mesh strips.

ikKpr7K.jpg

Dan

That is a really interesting way to do hair, something I always struggle with. 

www.behemothmedia.com

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, CApruzzese said:

That is a really interesting way to do hair, something I always struggle with. 

Do you mean hair cards or the method to make hair follow the hard cards?  Hair cards are time-consuming.  If MAXON was to make the hair generation of cards self collide then making them and styling them would be easy.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, bentraje said:

Look good. Do Ornatrix have an easier way to create flyaway hairs? 

It has flyaway hair in the clump settings yes.  Easier Im not sure as the only other hair system I use is C4D own native one which does not have flyaway hair feature that Im aware of.

As I know C4D own hair system much better its not fair for me to give a comparison between them. but for me the main differences are results are more predictable between what I preview in the viewport to the actual render.  There are so many operators /Tags that you can stack up on the basis of order or operation which really seems to be very flexible while at times over complicating things. 

Ornatrix deals with some of C4D of hair system downfall that being collisions, in they the guides respond to the distance set.  Secondly, which is a major one is the interpolations of the roots and hair growth, I don't get so many hair intersections in Ornatrix right off the bat, and that's before I added the operators that deal with that very issue more head on.  Its faster to add hair groups, and when it gets added braids will be a huge one.  There is two types of dynamics in Ornatrix, one is full Moove dynamics, the other is the Oscillator which is nice for small movements like fur.

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Small test showing Ornatrix Hair from mesh in which the mesh is  a plane with bend and jiggle deformer applied.

https://youtu.be/TOL6Sm25ciA