Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

So as a Broadcast-edition user it seems like I'll be forced into what used to be Studio and equivalent pricing...
Broadcast MSA was 285,- Euro a year. Very affordable to me as a mostly hobbyist user. I don't often use C4D professionally. New subscription is 599,88 a year. More than double the price for a lot of stuff that I don't use or need. :(
Thanks for this "new low price" MAXON. It's only a lower price if you were already a Studio user. For everybody else the price is now doubled.

Ok, the faq states that I would be eligable for a discount on the subscription so that it becomes similar to my previous MSA price, for two years. So that's ok I guess. But after that I'll still be paying double than what I was previously paying.

10 hours ago, teknow said:

I feel much better now about my decision to stay at 19.063 but always upgrading my X particles. X particles seems way ahead of C4D.

I did exactly the same. I stayed with R19 and invested in Xparticles, Octane and Substance to fill the massive gaps in C4d. Seems we did the right thing. Very thin release this R21

37 minutes ago, Igor said:

There were tons and tons minor improvements and C4D now almost feels like completly new app

Is this the complete feature list or there are more small changes? https://www.MAXON.net/en/products/cinema-4d/new-in-release-21/complete-feature-list/

I think the problem is that all those small features not showed or talked about enough. 

I'm happy with the subscription pricing and this announcement was kind of anticipated a few months back in the pricing thread.

Looking forward to seeing the pricing for moving from perpetual over to sub.

I upgraded to R20 with the intention of paying MSA each year to stay on the upgrade path. I see the subscription as more or less the same overhead I was preparing for. Using a few monthly subscriptions (octane, CSS) I'm comfortable to go subscription for C4D at the current price.

Will wait and see, but am staying optimistic.

I really feel empty today and i lost trust in MAXON. 

I work with Cinema since 2001. First in different agencies and then on my own. 

As a MSA and Studio customer i feel i’m no longer valuable to MAXON. 

I’m fine with the money i spent for Cinema Studio and all the MSA fees until R20. Fantastic Software overall and perpetual license.

Now i feel totally ripped off. This is why i feel this way.

First of all i paid MSA for R21, and this release is poisoned with online activation. This is not what i expected and as a customer i feel they do not deliver what i paid for. This is not real perpetual. If in the future they choose to deactivate   licenses which are a little bit behind. I can do nothing against it.

MAXON forces me to make a bad decision, no matter what.

1. go subscription 

- I spent thousands of dollars to buy Studio and MSA. If i go subscription i will loose my perpetual license. This is crazy and this won’t happen. Please MAXON fix this. This is like you take away my car and tell me it’s better for me to rent i from you. I would consider subscription if i could fall back on R20/21. 

- all the subscriptions are adding up really fast. If at one point you have a bad time with your business,… well you’re out of the game.

2. stay with perpetual license

We will see what the upgrade prices will be and how long the offer perpetual licenses. But with online activation it is no longer real perpetual. (see above)

I have to carefully think what i will do. At the moment it looks like i am forced to stay with R19/R20 as long as i can install it on MAC OSX. 

But i got a bad feeling it might be locked out sooner than i like.

I really love C4D and i make my money with it. I was fine with studio and MSA costs. no problem at all. But you are saying you don’t force us into subscription - well then don’t!

When i look at the weak features in R21 and the new subscription model i got a strong feeling that you holding back features which could have been ready for R21. Just to release these features for subscribers this fall or winter and lure us in.

I hope i am wrong and i hope MAXON will listen to our feedback.

This is a bad day for me personally. I am invested in C4D with plugins, libraries and first and foremost with my heart.

1 hour ago, goodwin said:

Is this the complete feature list or there are more small changes? https://www.MAXON.net/en/products/cinema-4d/new-in-release-21/complete-feature-list/

I think the problem is that all those small features not showed or talked about enough. 

Yes, there is more and yes I agree with you, marketing could do a better job.

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

New pricing scheme in this moment is very vague for us paying MSA for years now.

Bundle with RS does not make sense for existing RS license owners, since it is only limited to c4d plugin, no standalone/other DCC packages.

I only hope that RS will not raise price for maintenance extension or cancel it as C4D did with MSA.

"If you own a perpetual license of Cinema 4D, you’re eligible for discounted Cinema 4D subscription pricing. "

This gives some hope but as long term existing customer I still don't know what would be my annual cost/benefits.

Last year cost was 550€ (raised from 500€) for C4D MSA and 214€ for RS maintenance extension (764€ total).

For that I had access to Cineversity, perpetual license for C4D and full license for RS.

Sent questions to MAXON about those discounts for existing license owners but no answer yet.

I guess we have to wait and see what "new low price" feature will bring.

MAXON definitely need to introduce some "Indie" pricing scheme.

The bad stuff with Maxons new pricing options keeps piling up while digesting the news. It seems there are even more people harmed by this than I anticipated first: For example, people with MSAs for Prime will pay much more in the future for example. So much for “cheaper”. Every option in the new pricing models seems to have serious disadvantages for someone.

Maybe, if there is any heart in this company’s management left, it helps if everybody with concerns and disadvantages through these changes writes a feedback directly to MAXON. Not a rant, but a legitimate, friendly mail explaining the concerns. 

I guess their management won’t bother reading forum posts. But I hope there is a more direct feedback line that actually reaches them.

The biggest package shake up since modules were discontinued. That's when I had to move to studio so I didn't lose functionality. This seems similar for anyone not already using studio. 

It's all too vague for existing MSA holders. I'm not against subscription as such but if I can no longer afford it I want to know if I still have R20 to fall back on. I also used to think that if times got hard I had an option to sell my license but I guess that's not a thing anymore.

I really need to know what my options are and the cost to me for the next year before commenting further. Ideally I would love R21 and red shift but we shall see.

Features wise it doesn't look good on paper and not much that can be really shown off. I really hope you can feel the improvements when you are deep into a project. 

For those who have used R21. Is the vuewpotrt any faster?

54 minutes ago, Macgyver said:

I guess their management won’t bother reading forum posts. But I hope there is a more direct feedback line that actually reaches them.

They will  read forums but we will send them emails also about everything here and Dave will be personally informed about all of this. One of the benefits of C4D Cafe. ;)

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy: