Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

21 minutes ago, everfresh said:

again. nobody knows yet what the upgrade prices for perpetual will be. if they are higher than current msa, that indeed would suck. but we don‘t know yet. 

The US licenses will be $999 to upgrade perpetual R20 to perpetual R21. 

That's the price quoted to me from MAXON US.

Don't have other prices available like the discount for subscription.

2 minutes ago, hobbyist said:

odd. MAXON UK for instance stated that they don't have official upgrade prices yet. tbh it's a mystery to me why that wasn't figured out and communiucated upfront.

3 minutes ago, everfresh said:

odd. MAXON UK for instance stated that they don't have official upgrade prices yet. tbh it's a mystery to me why that wasn't figured out and communiucated upfront.

Yes it's very odd.

28 minutes ago, hobbyist said:

This is the upgrade price when you don’t have an MSA. Once MSA’s are gone there is no reason why they would crank up the price like that...unless they want all of us to move to subs. Hope I’m right...:( 

27 minutes ago, everfresh said:

Because they came completely unprepared. The whole presentation was very amateurish. Almost a case study on bad marketing/PR.

Prices should have been worked out in every region prior to the announcement (still no idea if VAT is included or not...)

Same for conversion offers: emails should have been sent to all of us right after the presentation to let us know what our personal options were instead of having to figure this out on our own by calling distributors or browsing forums. 

Very clumsy also to kick off the presentation with pricing and then show R21’s new bevel as the killer feature when they could have emphasized the new 4K UI, the universal nodes, the denoiser that kills off render time...not saying R21 is fancy, but there were much better features to showcase. 

16 minutes ago, hobbyist said:

At the moment the MAXON US Shop is showing upgrades from R19 to R20 at $995, on their UK shop there is no upgrades available at all.  The $999 price you been quoted I would check again, ask if that,s set by management, or a rough estimate.  If indeed that is correct then ask them why isn't this on the site, and why hasn't this been announced officially?  Delaying this info can only do more harm and fuel the negativity and fear for current Perpetual owners.

MAXON needs to get this communication sorted pronto without further delay, this is only causing speculation which I quite understand given the weight of the outcome it will lead to for many of their current customers. In the mean time we need to hang in there and try not to jump ahead of ourselfs assuming the worse before its happened, regarding perpetual upgrade prices that is.

Dan

How do you think they will have any subscribers if the perpetual upgrade would cost less annually than the annual subscription plan?

6 minutes ago, RagnarP said:

How do you think they will have any subscribers if the perpetual upgrade would cost less annually than the annual subscription plan?

Subscribers dont have to fork out over 3k in advance to get their hands on C4D. I dont like the subscription thing myself unless its a short term thing which is what they had in place already.  Rent to own sits with me better.

Dan

30 minutes ago, RagnarP said:

You still need to fork out 3000€ upfront for a license...this might deter a few new customers. 

12 hours ago, SiXwork said:

Ach, this is Creative Cloud all over again. A year or two of perpetual, probably forcing up the price to frogmarch us to the pay monthly, end up owning nothing business model. The plaintive cries I'm hearing are kind of the same as far as I remember with Creative Cloud (and I'd be surprised if they are wrong) but I'm guessing those unhappy voices have been weighed in terms of profit/loss and decided already. CC at work, CS6 at home for me (I'll never rent software that I'll never own), didn't think I'd end up hating MAXON as much as I do Adobe, but I guess we'll see.

Hurrah for the shareholders, too bad for the creative industry.

Perhaps, looking at Adobe's stock price development since CC, it would be a good idea for everyone to buy Nemetschek shares as a way to generate an extra discount ;) (I wish I put all my savings into Adobe stock 5 years ago (5x increase in value in 5 years!)

6 hours ago, BoganTW said:

Which people in the world are being prevented from subscribing if they want to? Not too many that I've noticed.

I remember a lot of these profanity laden comments of your from back when you were irate at Adobe bringing in subscriptions, where you asked users if they were okay being Adobe's 'bitch', and stuff like that.

I've got to tell you, that relationship is a consensual one, and very satisfying.

It's going to be cheaper for a great many people. Lots and lots of people. All the people - in particular - who couldn't afford Studio before but can now jump on the sub train for as long or as short a period as they want.

Well, the affordable subscription price that they advertise is actually one year at the minimum (and paid annually, not monthly). And people who couldn't afford studio before are probably not that interested in renting short term. The reality is that all the most affordable (Prime, Broadcast, visualise) options of C4D are gone. Scrapped. I was very happy paying 285 a year for my MSA for Broadcast since I'm mostly a hobbyist user and only occasionally use C4D in my professional work (and then I have more than enough with Broadcast's feature set)
Yes it seems like I will get a good offer for the first 2 years of subscription that might match that but after that my annual C4D cost will be more than double from what it was. This is simply the reality. I'm not "prevented from subscribing" but the option that worked for me is being taken away.
I don't mind paying the Adobe subscription so much since that's what I make my income with (even though I really only use Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects and there used to be a bundle of those that I had that was cheaper than the annual CC subscription with a bunch of apps I don't use or need, so it's pretty much the same situation).

They are not adobe so I doubt your shares will do as well, adobe have (for now) a monopoly on creative tools that Joe Public can understand and learn, c4d although being easiest to learn is not so accessible and more niche....wouldn’t be surprised to see some software in the not to distant future that uses AI to make it mass market...it will probably be bought by adobe lol