Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

1 hour ago, RBarrett said:

Look at it from the other side - in fact the other side has posted here several times - those folks are used to certain annual price and they wouldn't see it as fair to have their price increase all of the sudden. 

I see this as a form of welfare!!  I typed up a whole paragraph and then deleted it because there is nothing we can say or do that will change anything. I wish nothing but the worse for MAXON at this point because of how they are treating their previously existing customers

It’s funny I’ve been doing this for so long I know how the meetings went… Actually, what is below is more brutally phrased, as this stuff it’s always parsed in nicer, more optimistic ways, but this sums it up.

MBA Hack: “Don’t worry, we can keep our current users happy by giving them a “perpetual” license. At least for now.”

MAXON staffer: “But they aren’t going to be thrilled by this news. And it really isn’t perpetual.”

MBA Hack: “We know that, but its our job to sell this initiative - this is how it is going to be. So just keep those people calm until this gets fully implemented, We’ll put out the monthly price, It will seem cheap.”

MAXON staffer: “But it’s the same price as an MSA was, maybe more. And it’s not really monthly, it’s annual”

MBA Hack: “yes, but we’ll sell the hell out of the value and simplicity of it.”

LATER…

MAXON staffer: “I just got some user feedback online, it looks like there’s an insurrection with our base.”

MBA Hack: “Well they are going to have to live with it, the decision’s been made, too late to change it. I’m sorry for them. Keep pushing the value proposition - we have perpetual for many of them now. Once the transition is over we’ll just make it more and more unacceptable to stay stuck in perpetual. Eventually most of them will have lost any resistance to the future. And in a year, If if they leave, then our new customers will more than make up for it in our revenue stream - it won’t matter if they leave then. This is a bright day for MAXON.”

MAXON staffer: “I feel dirty”

MBA Hack: “Look - this is the way it is. It’s set in stone. We can’t go backward. This will be the best for everyone. It’s… cost effective, a high level approach, a strategy initiative, robust, empowering, a win-win….” (etc, etc, etc. More MBA doublespeak… forever.

(FWIW - have had to listen to this MBA nonsense for too long - there is a “Business Meeting Bingo” card that I always have up on long calls, good for (quiet) laughs - mute button helps too)

So back to cases - Rick,  I run a business. So what am I getting for loyalty? Loyalty is a real and valuable asset. I treat my longtime clients with special care. And MAXON is not so big that this doesn’t matter. Unfortunately McGavaran is still bathed in the corporate culture of Adobe - but C4D isn’t that monolithic, and won’t be.  3D is a niche product. It won’t be widely adopted like Photoshop. What are the longtime users really getting that makes this worth while to not jump ship now? I know it’s not your fault, you have your marching orders. But we need something rock solid within a month.

Note: Maybe we all need to make our grievances clearly  known higher up the food chain. I’m guessing we should be emailing those at the top, VP and above, and maybe even the suits at Nemeczek (sp?)

Studio MSA customers seem to be really getting a bad and unfair deal out of this. As much as I love C4D and want to have R21 on my new work iMac I’ll be getting soon. I might be out. I’m not sure the solution but this isn’t right

I have to renew my MSA before the end of august.

If I would be a Prime user I could do this for 160 euro (without tax) here in Belgium and get the full R21.

Because I am a Studio user I have to pay 550 euro (without tax) for the same product?

8 minutes ago, janheylen said:

I have to renew my MSA before the end of august.

If I would be a Prime user I could do this for 160 euro (without tax) here in Belgium and get the full R21.

Because I am a Studio user I have to pay 550 euro (without tax) for the same product?

You nailed it.

Plus they can convert to subs for the 160 euro a year for two years. Can we all downgrade our msa?

why the jealousy? i'm also a msa customer and i'm happy for all the prime and whatnot users that get this gift. think about it, they all had to deal with the stripped down versions of c4d, and now they get studio. i'm happy for them. and also keep in mind that they will have to pay more in the future than they did up to now, and for some of them that poses a serious problem, and they might not even need the studio features. so to me it is quite fair that they get a more significant discount during the conversion period. and for existing studio msa customers nothing will change for 2 years. you get your full perpetual version for you to keep for the price of current msa. 

Yeah.. good point... I guess :). being a hobbyist with two kids in daycare who sold a lot of his awesome music gear to buy the studio version doesn’t help. 

And I’m running a dual 5690 and titan from 2010

2 hours ago, everfresh said:

why the jealousy? i'm also a msa customer and i'm happy for all the prime and whatnot users that get this gift. think about it, they all had to deal with the stripped down versions of c4d, and now they get studio. i'm happy for them. and also keep in mind that they will have to pay more in the future than they did up to now, and for some of them that poses a serious problem, and they might not even need the studio features. so to me it is quite fair that they get a more significant discount during the conversion period. and for existing studio msa customers nothing will change for 2 years. you get your full perpetual version for you to keep for the price of current msa. 

I´m happy for them too...It´s a super deal for them. For a few money they will get full studio perpetual licence.

...and stop paying for a long time. If they don´t have money for higher version of c4d (with respect to all of them) , do you think they spend money in value of new Prime licence every year? I don´t think that...

In case I´m not c4d user until now, I would buy Prime with MSA until end of august and get R21 full studio perpetual licence. This is called super deal...

...for me it costs 550euro + VAT

6 hours ago, RBarrett said:

Look at it from the other side - in fact the other side has posted here several times - those folks are used to certain annual price and they wouldn't see it as fair to have their price increase all of the sudden. 

Look at it from MY side. My Studio MSA is up august 28 2019. I spent $2956 on sale for R18 Studio. An equivalent Prime purchaser spent $1000 or somewheres around there. I bought next MSA for $650 to get R19. Prime guy bought his MSA for $250. I bought next MSA for $720 for R20 cause price went up (hope increase wasn't to help implement subscription system). Prime guy paid $250. All this prior part is fair.

Now tho, I have to pay $720 by august 28 to get MSA for best updating price to R21 Studio. While Prime guy, if he also has to renew, only has to pay $250 for MSA by end of august to get R21 Studio. He pays $470 less than me, or I pay $470 more than him, to get exact same version.

I don't begrudge him getting R21 Studio for $250, but this is a huge slap in the face to me from MAXON if I can't get the same deal.

Don't know what to think about all the Studio people who bought MSAs already for $720 or $725 to get R21. Maybe they should all get credit down to $250 to make it all fair. I include Broadcast and Visualize version people in this too.

goodwill noun
good·will | \ ˌgu̇d-ˈwil  \
Definition of goodwill
1a : a kindly feeling of approval and support

I used to have this feeling for MAXON  Not feeling it at the moment.

I renewed my MSA for Studio 1 week before the "big announcement" expecting in good faith to get the Cineversity subscription i had received as part of the contract for many years. Without any warning or explanation it is suddenly with-drawn. If this was hard to except, then they de-valued my Studio version considerably. As a hobbyist with a family and a part time job i have sacrificed a HUGE amount in time and money for over 10 years, and have enjoyed the journey up until a week ago. It seems every way you look at it, the studio owner is the great loser in all of this. (Cant find any advantage). Now i am not a software engineer, and i dont have an MBA , but i am a human being who understands the concept of fairness; but it seems the more people that protest, the more those protests are ignored. Re-instatement of Cineversity (which was always part of the deal anyway) , and a good discount on Redshift (Which Redshift used to offer every year anyway), might go a long way towards restoring some sort of fairness, good faith, and trust into the sadly failing relationship. (and may even quieten down these threads). Such gestures cost MAXON hardly anything ( in fact they recoup what they lose anyway. I guess the ball is in their court now. Interesting times ...... the times ....they are changing.

There's been some confusion on this, so let me be clear - we'll extend your Cineversity until the end of your MSA. 

-Rick