Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

5 minutes ago, Rectro said:

As current MSA owners you get what you paid for, R21 + Cinevercity, no change.  As there will no longer be a MSA in the future you can lock in your MSA to cover you to cover R22.  Your not pay any more, and your loose anything.  After R22 as the MSA will run out before R23 MAXON will put in place a new price structure for future perpetual upgrades.

okay, these are 2 posts already that claim you can extend the MSA to cover R22, and I don't see anything of the sort anywhere else - where do you get this information from?

In my understanding, the "lock in for 2 years" only refers to the subscription discount when you have an active MSA and you change over to subs. MSAs have been discontinued already; at least I got a cancellation from MAXON. Can't see how we would be able to extend that. Pricing for the regular (expensive) upgrade to R22 has not been fixed.

23 hours ago, SiXwork said:

-upgrade pricing for perpetual licenses 

-perpetual license availability beyond R21

I can only provide perpetual pricing from R20 to R21, because that's all I have. Not because there won't be perpetual pricing or because we're trying to keep it a secret, but because as far as I know it hasn't been discussed. This wasn't designed as a plan to eliminate perpetual - it was designed to make Cinema 4D more affordable by lowering the cost of entry. We figured for the most part folks that wanted to keep perpetual would renew their MSA and wouldn't need an upgrade price until later.

-inclusion of cineversity or not.

It warms my heart that there's so much concern about Cineversity. You'll have Cineversity until your current MSA expires. Anyone on subscription will also have full access to Cineversity. I'm not sure about a separate Cineversity subscription for perpetual customers - have to check on that. What I do know for sure is that the Cineversity team is hoping to produce more and more tutorials - many of which will be freely-available to everyone.

-features va subscription license 

Not sure what you mean by this.

@RBarrett  Thanks for coming on here to help clear some things up where your able to.  Can you please confirm if or not its possible for those whom their MSA has run out, or do not have one can still obtain a MSA to cover R21,22 or are their only options is to upgrade?

I do have concerns for Cineversity, and I hope that future upgrade prices for perpetual owners reflect the lost of Cinicivercity.  I also hope that Cineversity will not just be available to subscribers only because this simply means for those who rent C4D in which puts all your perpetual users at a loss. Regardless if your users rent or buy a perpetual licence they all need access to all your training as equals, not just the free training that's available to everyone including the public.  Id like to think that Training for your products is an an essential integral part of the whole experience that MAXON has prided itself on, the easy of use of its 3D software.

Dan

15 minutes ago, Rectro said:

The $999  upgrade cost is as for users with no MSA, thats has not changed, it's been that way for some time that if you don't have a MSA you pay more for a upgrade and it does not come with Cineversity, so that part of it is not different. 

As current MSA owners you get what you paid for, R21 + Cinevercity, no change

This part is absolutely correct.

I think there may be a bit of confusion on the rest.

You're not locking yourself in for 2 years - you'll have the option as an active MSA customer to convert to subscription and we'll offer a discount on the first 2 years (so folks that consistently pay their MSA have the option to save a couple hundred dollars).

If you don't take advantage of that offer, the MSA expires when it expires. You'll still have an R21 perpetual license, which you can upgrade to future perpetual releases. Or you can add a subscription at any time - is which case you'll still have an R21 perpetual license.

i agree with dan, IMO it would be a good idea to make at least the tuts on cineversity available to everybody. it's the best place to get familiar with new features and to easily find tutorials for current problems you're facing. whenever i'm using a feature that i can't wrap my head around instantly i go and look it up on CV.

@RBarrett thanks for clearing that up. i got that also wrong from your previous posts.

7 minutes ago, Rectro said:

@RBarrett  Thanks for coming on here to help clear some things up where your able to.  Can you please confirm if or not its possible for those whom their MSA has run out

Best bet on this is to call your local MAXON sales rep. The way MSA works has always varied a lot by region - some regions had automatic renewal, while others like the US were manually renewed - and the policies for skipping renewal differ. So I'm not sure.

I can say I'm thrilled that moving forward the policies will be consistent around the world.

4 minutes ago, RBarrett said:

If you don't take advantage of that offer, the MSA expires when it expires. You'll still have an R21 perpetual license, which you can upgrade to future perpetual releases. Or you can add a subscription at any time - is which case you'll still have an R21 perpetual license.

also wasn't aware of that, from other posts it sounded like you would convert to a subscription and your perpetual r21 would be gone. that's actually very good news.

@RBarrett, thanks for clearing that up,  Can you also clear up my other question please.  If any R20 perpetual user does not have a MSA right now either because its expired, or they never had one, can they still purchase a MSA now! before R21 comes out so they have at least a chance to get R21 and Cineversity before the new changes are in effect for  R22?

Thanks, Dan

2 minutes ago, Rectro said:

@RBarrett, thanks for clearing that up,  Can you also clear up my other question please.  If any R20 perpetual user does not have a MSA right now either because its expired, or they never had one, can they still purchase a MSA now! 

I answered that two posts above - maybe while you were in the midst of responding.

27 minutes ago, RBarrett said:

Best bet on this is to call your local MAXON sales rep. The way MSA works has always varied a lot by region - some regions had automatic renewal, while others like the US were manually renewed - and the policies for skipping renewal differ. So I'm not sure.

38 minutes ago, RBarrett said:

You're not locking yourself in for 2 years - you'll have the option as an active MSA customer to convert to subscription and we'll offer a discount on the first 2 years (so folks that consistently pay their MSA have the option to save a couple hundred dollars).

This opens two questions.

1: If  a perpetual user decides to convert over to subscription, and yet they still keep their perpetual version, can they still upgrade that perpetual version?  In the wording "convert" it sounds like one is switched to the other, Perpetual to Subs.

2:  If a perpetual user decides to convert to subscription, and his/her perpetual licence is sitting there for say two years, then is there a penalty for use of a better term for missing two upgrades on your perpetual licence should they wish to go back to using their perpetual licence at the upgraded current version whatever that may be.

Thanks, Dan

11 minutes ago, Rectro said:

1: If  a perpetual user decides to convert over to subscription, and yet they still keep their perpetual version, can they still upgrade that perpetual version?  In the wording "convert" it sounds like one is switched to the other, Perpetual to Subs.

Some special offers - like the 2 year deal - are a 'conversion' to subscription. But you can always add a subscription at any time and that won't touch your perpetual. There's likely to be special pricing for adding a subscription, though it's sure to be less attractive than the conversion offers.

2:  If a perpetual user decides to convert to subscription, and his/her perpetual licence is sitting there for say two years, then is there a penalty for use of a better term for missing two upgrades on your perpetual licence should they wish to go back to using their perpetual licence.

I don't know. If you've skipped two years of upgrades from now you're asking me to tell you what the price list will look like three years from now. I honestly don't know.