Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

12 hours ago, RBarrett said:

There's been some confusion on this, so let me be clear - we'll extend your Cineversity until the end of your MSA. 

-Rick

Rick,

if you're still on the thread, could you answer my/Adrien's questions (think the post's on page 35)?

40 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

So I thought that $999 was  the R21 upgrade price if you were NOT under an MSA prior to September 1st?  My hope was that for those like me whose MSA expires on August 31st, that the upgrade price to R21 perpetual would be less.  But I guess it would not be less but actually more than the $725 cost I paid last year for an R20 perpetual license.  Therefore, my assumption is that the $999 cost for a perpetual license is fixed from this point forward and my existing MSA does nothing to change that cost.

So what is my incentive for doing anything prior August 31st when my current MSA expires? 

i think you thought correct. i get that statements made by MAXON are a little confusing and not very clear.

what i get from it is this: 999$ is the upgrade price for NON-MSA customers. MSA customers can renew MSA before august 31st and "can lock in for the next 2 years", that means in my logic that you get r21 for the price of current msa, and you will also get r22 for the price of current MSA. after that, nobody knows yet.

@RBarrett please correct me if i'm wrong.

The $999  upgrade cost is as for users with no MSA, thats has not changed, it's been that way for some time that if you don't have a MSA you pay more for a upgrade and it does not come with Cineversity, so that part of it is not different. 

As current MSA owners you get what you paid for, R21 + Cinevercity, no change.  As there will no longer be a MSA in the future you can lock in your MSA to cover you to cover R22.  Your not pay any more, and your loose anything.  After R22 as the MSA will run out before R23 MAXON will put in place a new price structure for future perpetual upgrades.

This is when we will see what we gain, keep or loose, thats a way off from now.  This gives MAXON time to see how the new changes work.

As for the prime and other restricted version users getting a good will upgrade to R21 I think its at least what MAXON could do considering most wont ever need the features of Studio, yet they are forced to have it along with future more expensive upgrade costs what ever they may be to keep their perpetual licence going.  From what I understand, and please correct me if iv got this wrong R21 does not directly affect MSA perpetual subscribers "right now" and the complaints regarding future upgrade costs are based of speculative reasoning that its going to be significantly higher than the MSA we have now?  I cant check, but what was the upgrade costs for thoes studio users who didnt choose to get a MSA, I think its the same then and it is now. 

There seems to be some confusion between upgrade costs vs MSA costs, they are two different prices.  Again correct me If I have this one incorrect but isnt there still time for R20 perpetual users to get a MSA right now to cover themself to avoid the normal upgrade prices?

Dan

@Rectro that's exactly how i understood everything, too.

5 minutes ago, Rectro said:

As current MSA owners you get what you paid for, R21 + Cinevercity, no change.  As there will no longer be a MSA in the future you can lock in your MSA to cover you to cover R22.  Your not pay any more, and your loose anything.  After R22 as the MSA will run out before R23 MAXON will put in place a new price structure for future perpetual upgrades.

okay, these are 2 posts already that claim you can extend the MSA to cover R22, and I don't see anything of the sort anywhere else - where do you get this information from?

In my understanding, the "lock in for 2 years" only refers to the subscription discount when you have an active MSA and you change over to subs. MSAs have been discontinued already; at least I got a cancellation from MAXON. Can't see how we would be able to extend that. Pricing for the regular (expensive) upgrade to R22 has not been fixed.

23 hours ago, SiXwork said:

-upgrade pricing for perpetual licenses 

-perpetual license availability beyond R21

I can only provide perpetual pricing from R20 to R21, because that's all I have. Not because there won't be perpetual pricing or because we're trying to keep it a secret, but because as far as I know it hasn't been discussed. This wasn't designed as a plan to eliminate perpetual - it was designed to make Cinema 4D more affordable by lowering the cost of entry. We figured for the most part folks that wanted to keep perpetual would renew their MSA and wouldn't need an upgrade price until later.

-inclusion of cineversity or not.

It warms my heart that there's so much concern about Cineversity. You'll have Cineversity until your current MSA expires. Anyone on subscription will also have full access to Cineversity. I'm not sure about a separate Cineversity subscription for perpetual customers - have to check on that. What I do know for sure is that the Cineversity team is hoping to produce more and more tutorials - many of which will be freely-available to everyone.

-features va subscription license 

Not sure what you mean by this.

@RBarrett  Thanks for coming on here to help clear some things up where your able to.  Can you please confirm if or not its possible for those whom their MSA has run out, or do not have one can still obtain a MSA to cover R21,22 or are their only options is to upgrade?

I do have concerns for Cineversity, and I hope that future upgrade prices for perpetual owners reflect the lost of Cinicivercity.  I also hope that Cineversity will not just be available to subscribers only because this simply means for those who rent C4D in which puts all your perpetual users at a loss. Regardless if your users rent or buy a perpetual licence they all need access to all your training as equals, not just the free training that's available to everyone including the public.  Id like to think that Training for your products is an an essential integral part of the whole experience that MAXON has prided itself on, the easy of use of its 3D software.

Dan

15 minutes ago, Rectro said:

The $999  upgrade cost is as for users with no MSA, thats has not changed, it's been that way for some time that if you don't have a MSA you pay more for a upgrade and it does not come with Cineversity, so that part of it is not different. 

As current MSA owners you get what you paid for, R21 + Cinevercity, no change

This part is absolutely correct.

I think there may be a bit of confusion on the rest.

You're not locking yourself in for 2 years - you'll have the option as an active MSA customer to convert to subscription and we'll offer a discount on the first 2 years (so folks that consistently pay their MSA have the option to save a couple hundred dollars).

If you don't take advantage of that offer, the MSA expires when it expires. You'll still have an R21 perpetual license, which you can upgrade to future perpetual releases. Or you can add a subscription at any time - is which case you'll still have an R21 perpetual license.

i agree with dan, IMO it would be a good idea to make at least the tuts on cineversity available to everybody. it's the best place to get familiar with new features and to easily find tutorials for current problems you're facing. whenever i'm using a feature that i can't wrap my head around instantly i go and look it up on CV.

@RBarrett thanks for clearing that up. i got that also wrong from your previous posts.