Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

19 minutes ago, RBarrett said:

Not sure where they got that. We'll have upgrade pricing for perpetual releases.

What is true is that R21 Perpetual will always be R21 perpetual - it won't include future releases. But that's the way it's always been.

We've emailed the GSG guys to clarify and get it corrected on their site.

That is good to hear! Thanks for clarification.

12 hours ago, RBarrett said:

Not sure where they got that. We'll have upgrade pricing for perpetual releases.

What is true is that R21 Perpetual will always be R21 perpetual - it won't include future releases. But that's the way it's always been.

We've emailed the GSG guys to clarify and get it corrected on their site.

RICK, (sorry to shout, having some trouble attracting your attention).

Will perpetual licenses still be available to upgrade / buy in the future? If this is something you don't want to answer, let me know and I'll stop asking. I'm kinda responsible for this stuff in my organisation so would be good to know so I can advise.

Also, for those of us who won't personally rent software, can I ask that Cineversity and CV plugins be reconsidered for perpetual users?

Seems more punitive than practical to take those away. 

3 hours ago, SiXwork said:

Will perpetual licenses still be available to upgrade / buy in the future? If this is something you don't want to answer, let me know and I'll stop asking. I'm kinda responsible for this stuff in my organisation so would be good to know so I can advise.

Also, for those of us who won't personally rent software, can I ask that Cineversity and CV plugins be reconsidered for perpetual users?

All together now: Rick?

I think the plan is very clear: we are filling the war funds for our battle against those who are unwilling to rent software and want to remain independent. So we let the enemy believe it can buy in the future instead of renting. Let's cash in on them again. Let's do exactly what Adobe did (CS6 will be the only version you can upgrade ... there was no talk of Rent-grade). In the period leading up to the next release (and until they realize that, harhar), we are making so many newcomers unethical offers as possible. Well, we annoy some of those who made us big, but who cares ... Either they're running over to us or they're lost anyway. Maybe they're investing a bit more in expensive plug-ins, which now have to be reprogrammed and updated - all the more likely that after our battle, they will probably - reluctantly - start to rent software. Let's go.

The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that this "rent-only show" is very risky for MAXON. In a market environment in which there is a lot of big and good competition MAXON is not able to force a rental model. At least that can go wrong. Looking at the manufacturer and quasi-monopolist who introduced this "rent or leave" model in the graphics industry: Would it not be great for him to have a powerful argument why the so-called "cloud" is a little more expensive? Why not supplement the portfolio with 3D software. Interface to AE is already there. Interface to the management too. And maybe even an interface to Photoshop tinker (well, the program will be a bit puffed up, but heck). The Adobe renters will eat it. The creators of the "Creative Cloud idea" would have enough money and power to keep MAXON alive and provide some market penetration. They have already proven in other areas. 10$ a month of Millions better than 60$ a month of thousands. OK - Cinema would then stagnate, like all the other products you can rent there. Or it would get lousy new functions (Professional 3D for the iPad & CellPhone | Help system? What for? There is a Adobe Community ... | Tons of Cloud-Storage | and the like). The longer I think about it - all this is no coincidence. The collaboration of MAXON and Adobe (AE), the portfolio of Adobe and not least the new CEO.

In my view, it is a matter of time until it´s "Adobe Cinema 4D - Rent it or leave it".

4 hours ago, SiXwork said:

Sorry - thought I provided an answer - maybe it was in one of the other forums or slacks.

Perpetual licenses are available to buy now and for R21 - in fact they're a little cheaper in most cases. Some future feature upgrades will only be available initially to subscribers, but those will eventually be rolled into a perpetual upgrade.

We're looking into options for providing Cineversity for perpetual customers. Honestly we've been a bit surprised by how much attention that aspect has gotten - though as one of the key contributors to Cineversity over the years I'm flattered.

7 minutes ago, RBarrett said:

Sorry - thought I provided an answer - maybe it was in one of the other forums or slacks.

Perpetual licenses are available to buy now and for R21 - in fact they're a little cheaper in most cases. Some future feature upgrades will only be available initially to subscribers, but those will eventually be rolled into a perpetual upgrade.

We're looking into options for providing Cineversity for perpetual customers. Honestly we've been a bit surprised by how much attention that aspect has gotten - though as one of the key contributors to Cineversity over the years I'm flattered.

Will perpetual licenses still be available to upgrade / buy in the (far away - beyond 21)  future?

3 hours ago, Raischub said:

Will perpetual licenses still be available to upgrade / buy in the (far away - beyond 21)  future?

He answered it already here. But the pricing is not known for now.

5 hours ago, RBarrett said:

but those will eventually be rolled into a perpetual upgrade.

I am sorry, but as I am German and no nativ English speaker I have to ask (and maybe I am not the only one)

eventually can be translated to "eventuell" which means possibly or perhaps, or it can be translated to "schließlich" which means finally or at last.

That is a huge difference, so in the given context what does it mean?

thanks a lot

Jops

22 minutes ago, Jops said:

I am sorry, but as I am German and no nativ English speaker I have to ask (and maybe I am not the only one)

eventually can be translated to "eventuell" which means possibly or perhaps, or it can be translated to "schließlich" which means finally or at last.

thanks a lot

Jops

Eventually ist ein sogenannter false friend: klingt einem deutschen Wort sehr ähnlich, hat aber nichts mit dem deutschen eventuell zu tun ;-)

er meint „schließlich/letztenendes“. 

28 minutes ago, Jops said:

eventually can be translated to "eventuell" which means eventual or perhaps, or it can be translated to "schließlich" which means finally or at last.

Just to be clear - the meaning here is "at some later date". Sorry - I don't know how that translates in any language.

1 minute ago, RBarrett said:

Just to be clear - the meaning here is "at some later date". Sorry - I don't know how that translates in any language.

thank you very much I think that should be clear now in most languages :)