Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

cinomadic

11 minutes ago, Macgyver said:

Eventually ist ein sogenannter false friend: klingt einem deutschen Wort sehr ähnlich, hat aber nichts mit dem deutschen eventuell zu tun ;-)

er meint „schließlich/letztenendes“. 

bei der suche nach eventuell gab google mir das hier:

eventual
schließlich, eventuell, endlich

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All,   This is my first time at Siggraph in a long time!  Last year I had just started at MAXON and it was too late to attend.  I am extremely excited to be going back to Siggraph and wit

First time post on a forum but felt the need to. Happy user since R10 Studio with investment in most plug-ins for the software. (Over $20,000 NZ Dollars spent in that time.) Just a hobbyist with no in

I've been a MAXON / C4D customer for 19 years  -  and I couldn't agree more.   It seems MAXON are now quite willing to penalise those with Studio MSA  - who are much more likely to be locked

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Jops said:

bei der suche nach eventuell gab google mir das hier:

eventual
schließlich, eventuell, endlich

Ist ja auch ein kleiner Unterschied, ob man eventual oder eventually sucht. Egal, gehört hier nicht rein. 

Back to topic. 

8 minutes ago, Macgyver said:

Ist ja auch ein kleiner Unterschied, ob man eventual oder eventually sucht. Egal, gehört hier nicht rein. 

Back to topic. 

du kannst natürlich auch nach "eventual" suchen und dir den zweiten Übersetzungsvorschlag anschaun.

But you are right... back to topic :)

8 hours ago, RBarrett said:

We're looking into options for providing Cineversity for perpetual customers. Honestly we've been a bit surprised by how much attention that aspect has gotten - though as one of the key contributors to Cineversity over the years I'm flattered.

Cineversity is definitely a useful addition to the manual, as the videos often explain HOW to apply a new function, while the manual may concentrate more on listing parameters (not that the manual is bad, but Cineversity delivers the extra).

Some very useful tips come from the SIGGRAPH (and other event) panels which usually end up accessible for all, but the content that is hosted exclusively on Cineversity is doubtlessly valuable. Also, the plugins are needed as they cover some things that should have been in the main application, but for some reasons aren't.

5 hours ago, Frokito said:

He answered it already here. But the pricing is not known for now.

Where? Link? Can´t find this statement/promise that perpetual will be buyable after V21 and the further future.

10 hours ago, RBarrett said:

We're looking into options for providing Cineversity for perpetual customers. Honestly we've been a bit surprised by how much attention that aspect has gotten - though as one of the key contributors to Cineversity over the years I'm flattered.

Im please to hear this Rick.  Honestly,  Iv learnt so much from Cineversity, there has been features that go way back before I started to use C4D and there is nothing like being able to see how its done, even videos that are older from a older UI.  I would go so far as to say its essential for new users, and this is one of the keys as to why C4D is easy and intuitive to learn.  There has been times where Iv nearly got what I needed from the manual, but missing just one bit of info, Cineversity gets me there.

Dan

21 hours ago, RBarrett said:

Sorry - thought I provided an answer - maybe it was in one of the other forums or slacks.

Perpetual licenses are available to buy now and for R21 - in fact they're a little cheaper in most cases. Some future feature upgrades will only be available initially to subscribers, but those will eventually be rolled into a perpetual upgrade.

Thank you Rick! This is moving in the right direction. 

All,

Initial Disclaimer: If some of this information is repetitive, then I apologize but I gave up following this thread 10 pages ago.

I just wanted to communicate some information which I received from MAXON USA.  Steve Ridley actually contacted me by phone to discuss my upgrade options as my MSA expires on August 30.  This date is significant as a lot of options change on September 1st.   People like me whose MSA expires on August 30th are in kind of a grey zone relative to what price we pay for upgrading to R21 perpetual.  That is a question I kept asking on the forums.  Steve also informed me that there are probably many others in the same boat because MAXON was always very gracious to those who missed their MSA renewal dates in the past and MAXON would allow them to renew late but there renewals would then be timed to end on August 30th of the following year.  So hopefully this information is of comfort to many others as it was to me.

So rather than try to interpret for Mr. Ridley, I asked that he put it into writing so that I could communicate it to the forums as I explained that there was a great deal of confusion (as attested to probably the longest thread in Café history):

Here is a screen shot of the email he sent.  I then asked a follow up question which I will show below this one:

454819276_MSARenwal.thumb.JPG.ddc67b2f851f84bf5091d222c4f48783.JPG

Note that the discussion point is around the option to RENEW AN EXISTING MSA (see highlighted sections) prior to August 31st.  That means for $720 (my existing MSA price for Studio), I get both R21 perpetual and Cineversity just as it has always been.

I did ask a follow up question, which then got this response:

18602310_MSARenwal_followup.JPG.4cc720b8565a520b20f8b8acf9715ac3.JPG

So it appears that it is business as usual and the decision on what to do with the subscription plan does not need to be made until 8/31/2020.  Should MAXON come out with a cracker jack release in the interim, the only way I could get that update prior to buying a perpetual license on 8/31/2020 is to convert to a subscription plan.

For people in the same boat as myself in the US (I cannot speak for other regions), please contact MAXON USA to hear it for yourselves via a 1:1 dialogue. Talking to Steve convinced me on what to do more so than reading this forum....but such is information flow in the digital age.

Now I cannot guarantee this clears up everyone's confusion, but it worked for me.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave! I'm in your exact boat, so I'm curious what you decided to do?

I might just renew before the cutoff, but I'm considering doing nothing at all since the longer I hold out to get a subscription would mean that if I can wait 6 months that's 50% off, for example. And I'd still retain the R20 license, and the plugins may take a while to get sorted for R21 so I may look to stand waiting even a year, possibly more depending on how bad i want the new stuff.

I'm torn on what to do, so I'd love to know what you decided.

I'm in the same boat.  I think there offer is unbelieveably ridiculous if I want to convert to subscription.  With this change you would think they could offer a better deal to studio MSA customers who have spent a whole lot of money supporting MAXON. 

So I pay the 725 for MSA, then I pay $1152-  48/month credit for 11 months of MSA.  They don't even credit you the full price of the MSA.  This comes out to 623.  So I pay 725 plus 623 = 1348 .  And I have to pay all up front for two years for a whopping savings of 92 dollars.

Why wouldn't I just start a new subscription and pay 720 this year and 720 next year.

I'm going to put the money toward saving for a new PC.  And I may or may not be a future subscription customer.  Certainly treating your studio MSA customers like this does not make me happy.  It's going to hurt, especially if the features I was hoping get released, but MAXON has certainly lost me as a customer at least for now.

It all comes down to how much you value perpetual licenses over subscription licenses.  Getting R21 perpetual using the old system has value to me and delays the decision on subscriptions for one more year.  I just feel I am that much further ahead than NOT doing anything, holding onto R20 and being faced with a much higher perpetual upgrade cost to R21 or jumping into subscriptions.

One year gives me a chance to see exactly how much value MAXON adds to the subscription program in a year.  How significant are the mid-year updates?  Also, when the time for a new release comes out, do they hold to current perpetual upgrade costs or do they go higher?  Both of these will play heavily into my decision to either go with subscription, go with perpetual or leave C4D all together.   

One year gives me time to see how this all plays out in reality because you are not going to get any guidance from MAXON on how pricing and features will change in the future probably because MAXON really doesn't know either.  Remember, this is all new to them as well.   The money lost or gained by this move to subscriptions is all forecasted by MAXON and sometimes forecasts can be dead wrong.  One year of reality could set a completely different direction for them.

I am doing nothing different by taking this offer than if MAXON never announced a subscription plan....so lets see what happens in one years time.

Dave

If they had managed to get a new xpresso with new nodes in R21.. I'd be in.   I don't like the idea of Redshift with new nodes without xpresso integration.  Basically if R21 added more value, yeah it would be a no brainer to get a perpetual R21 license.  I know there are lot of nice little things, but it's missing those few big things for me.

• Igor changed the title to Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions
  • Hrvoje featured this topic
  • Hrvoje unpinned this topic
  • Hrvoje unfeatured this topic
  • Hrvoje locked this topic