Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

15 minutes ago, Macgyver said:

I have the feeling some people have to be reminded that *adding* the option of subscription is a good thing.

The huge problem here is everything thats taken away from Studio-MSA owners —> the future perpetual-licensees. People like me (MSA Studio) are royally effed in a number of ways. I’m happy for students who can now go in with a subscription to wet their feet. I’m happy for those who don’t mind ~100$/month rent because they need Cinema 4D for only 2–3 months. (and by the way, I also don’t care about Prime MSA owners getting a mayor update for the same price. Although I’m not sure they’ll be happy after the first two years are over.)

I, as a MSA-customer with Studio feel treated extremely bad by MAXON. I know, I’ll get R21 with my current MSA. But there must be changes made to some decisions within this next year or I will need to make changes after R21 (that maybe slowly migrating to other packages, while using R20/R21 as long as they run).

Subscriptions: NOT a good thing if it's prelude to dumping perpetuals entirely. Time will tell.

happy for students?: why wouldn't students just get the free educational version that's been around for awhile, or the $295 for 18 month educational version with less limitations. both better option for students than subscription. (Altho this is for R20. Don't know if these educational options exist for students for R21.)

Prime MSA owners: why wouldn't Prime users not be happy with R21 for way more than two years. like ten years maybe. If I got R21 (studio like) for $250 MSA, I'd be pretty happy. I don't care if they get R21 for $250, I care that my MSA as it stands is $470 more than that. But that's uncertain until I call MAXON this week.

5 minutes ago, Macgyver said:

Just to be sure nobody thinks that’s the abstract fear people who want to buy perpetual have with online-activation. The problem is not MAXON closing shop but deciding to not activate perpetual licences after 3 years anymore, just because – you know – pushing customers to upgrade or subscribe etc. This particular problem boils down to: In the future, even if you buy perpetual, MAXON controls if you’re allowed to use your license.

True. That´s a very misleading point in their communication.

One can´t even be sure, if perpetual is still perpetual or MAXON opens a door, where they can even deactivate.

(Buy for a while)

Some of their (realy bad) communication arround the "For the whole World"-Cloud points in that direction.

And why else, a perpetual license has to call home all the time.

***!

According to my reseller "with the upgrade from R21 Perpetual to Subscription, the R21 Perpetual is no longer valid. "

So if I renew my MSA to get R21 perpetual, and decide at a later date to go subscription, my perpetual R21 licence is effectively revoked! Unbelievable.

3 hours ago, Igor said:

There are plenty of free stuff on all of that on our YT channel or in tutorials section of Cafe.

I am sure there are more out there...

I don't have time to browse the web in search for the perfect tutorial on a given topic. There aren't so many good (free) resources out there on fields, node based materials, beyond the basics. C4d cafe stuff is definitely good but Jonas' series on node materials for instance was truly enlightening and gave me the confidence to start using them. 

This is where CV shines: you sign in and can immediately access qualitative content. 

5 minutes ago, rfanoni said:

***!

According to my reseller "with the upgrade from R21 Perpetual to Subscription, the R21 Perpetual is no longer valid. "

So if I renew my MSA to get R21 perpetual, and decide at a later date to go subscription, my perpetual R21 licence is effectively revoked! Unbelievable.

You can keep your perpetual R21 for 1 year until the MSA expires. Then go subscription with R22, or buy a perpetual license upgrade (cost to be confirmed). 

11 minutes ago, rfanoni said:

***!

I have to correct me: Obviously MAXON isn´t on Adobe Level now - it´s beyond.
(Adobe forgot to take away CS6 when you are on cloud no 7)

True - Unbelievable.

Maybe all the misleading information is a kind of strategy.

6 minutes ago, Adrien said:

You can keep your perpetual R21 for 1 year until the MSA expires. Then go subscription with R22, or buy a perpetual license upgrade (cost to be confirmed). 

...and loose the access to your perpetual V22 (If this will ever come...) ?

16 minutes ago, rfanoni said:

***!

I also wonder if this is legal.

42 minutes ago, RonMedia said:

Prime MSA owners: why wouldn't Prime users not be happy with R21 for way more than two years. like ten years maybe. If I got R21 (studio like) for $250 MSA, I'd be pretty happy.

Because: If they take the MAXON offer to go sub at a very good price for two years, they will pay way, WAY MORE after those two years.

If they take the opportunity to get a cheap perpetual licence for R21, their only option in the future to get a newer version is a subscription (at signifantly higher price than their former MSA) or upgrade at significantly higher costs than a Prime upgrade has been in the past. 

However you slice it: They’ll pay much, much more after two years.

Edit: And with all subscription options, those former MSA customers loose access to the software they paid more for when they stopp paying. What was not the case for them as MSA customers.

But why am I making a case for Prime/Broadcast/Visualise customers here. I have enough problems on my own as a MSA Studio customer :sad:

Edited by Macgyver

On the list of r21 features it states there is a new online installation procedure.

i also read MAXON may only keep a few years of previous versions supported on their server. So if I get r21 with my msa and stick with that for now, in 4 years my windows 10 needs a reinstall will I be able to get it? If the installation is online and not as a file on my drive then it looks like my perpetual is actually 3 years and then until something goes pear shaped on my pc.