Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

For me is there a lot of un-answered questions and personally don´t see any reason why MSA can not continue in format as now. If there is some "legislative" problems etc. it shout be the piece of cake to adapt contract format to new legislative without any influence on users. (mean price).

If MAXON grown in last years (count of employers), because of financial success (high positive numbers), where is the reason for discontinuing MSA? Yes, subscription is great for some users and as OPTION shout be good, but why it has influence on current MSA users?

If perpetual licencies will stay in MAXON portfolio for future, don´t understand why it´s not clear how will be price for upgrading to next release next year (from R21 to R22) ...while they offer subscription with 2 year discount without any problems...

On other side, there isn´t any info from plugin developers (instead of Daniel, which close the shop). Since no one of them offer subscription currently (maybe someone, but don´t remember now). They are also go for subscription wave? Maybe, because who will buy for example Xparticles for a full price just for 2 month job and then if stop c4d subscription what will happend?

(without c4d subscription will loose xparticles licence/access...)

It looks like it´s all about gain a lot of money as posible. But every coin has a two sides and at the end should loose both sides...

There are voices over almost all c4d forums from long time users which are not satisfied with the way where it goes.

Not only studio owners, prime or other editions too. As I post somewhere (maybe here) few pages before, for example Prime users was Prime users because they use c4d just for modeling, pay small amout of money for new updates because it was exactly what they needs...Now when need with subscription to pay for every single year amount of money whitch equals new prime licence every year, so do you think they will pay it? I´m sure they not...

(yes, mograph is great, but not everybody make bouncing ball logos (as I was read somewhere))

As I told, somebody likes perpetual, somebody subscription. Main advantage of perpetual licence (for me) isn´t posibility to sell.

It is posibility to USE it at ANY TIME I want and not to be dependent on something...

So, time will tell if it will be profit or loss...

9 minutes ago, bezo said:

On other side, there isn´t any info from plugin developers (instead of Daniel, which close the shop).

Well, I closed the shop with the idea I wasn't upgrading to R21. With the latest news that I am legally obliged to renew the MSA, I will probably need to reopen the shop to further get some income to pay for that MSA ... if there are still people interested in plugins at all.

With all the discussions lately, it seems more and more people are refraining from purchasing plugins when having subscriptions ... or simply jumping ship for a different 3D application.

2 hours ago, 3D-Pangel said:

That's why I am so keen on what happens with R21 perpetual.  I do feel that will be the last perpetual license and it puts me that much further ahead IF R21 LICENSE STAYS ACTIVATED AFTER A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION ENDS and I approaching using C4D as mentioned above.

if you ADD a subscription on top of your perpetual license, it stays active. if you CONVERT to a subscription you get a discount and your perpertual license gets deactivated. 

What news that we are legally obligated to renew an MSA? As far as I know, I only received information about renewing my MSA because I contacted them.

Also, the first line of their response was: "Your Cinema 4D MSA subscription will expire this month, and your last day to renew is Friday August 30, 2019. If you don't renew, you won't receive the new release (Cinema 4D R21) so we hope you'll be able to renew!"

That hardly sounds like something I'm required to do (which I wouldn't even if I was required). 

36 minutes ago, Falstaff said:

What news that we are legally obligated to renew an MSA ...

An invoice was sent on the 1st August and, translated, this is the message I received from my local reseller as response on my message of not wanting to renew the MSA:

"The MSA had to be terminated in writing at the latest 3 months before the renewal date. This was at the latest on April 30, 2019.
We therefore ask you to pay this invoice."

I don't know if things differ from country to country, but I've never received one of those as long as I've been an MSA user. 

1 minute ago, Falstaff said:

I don't know if things differ from country to country ...

I suppose that is the case.

Apparently, my MSA "contract" lasts until 30th August 2020. The MSA, however, expires 30th August 2019.

Legal (or legislative) things, I guess. And these probably differ from country to country.

9 minutes ago, C4DS said:

An invoice was sent on the 1st August and, translated, this is the message I received from my local reseller as response on my message of not wanting to renew the MSA:

"The MSA had to be terminated in writing at the latest 3 months before the renewal date. This was at the latest on April 30, 2019.
We therefore ask you to pay this invoice."

Did you sign or enter a contract with your reseller as iv never had such a email from either MAXON or a reseller.  It sounds like they have gone ahead and purchased your renewal on your behalf and are billing you for it.

Dan

2 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Did you sign or enter a contract with your reseller...

Not that I know of.

For as long as I remember I have been receiving the invoices automatically on a yearly base around beginning of August, to renew for another year. I have no idea why suddenly this so called "agreement" is applicable upto 30th August 2020.

Probably another sales trickery.

7 minutes ago, C4DS said:

I suppose that is the case.

Apparently, my MSA "contract" lasts until 30th August 2020. The MSA, however, expires 30th August 2019.

Legal (or legislative) things, I guess. And these probably differ from country to country.

This sounds pretty heavy handed form your reseller. My (Dutch) reseller basically sent a mail saying that he MSAs were being cancelled, and it was possible to extend if I wanted to. (my MSA ends 310819)

3 minutes ago, C4DS said:

Not that I know of.

For as long as I remember I have been receiving the invoices automatically on a yearly base around beginning of August, to renew for another year. I have no idea why suddenly this so called "agreement" is applicable upto 30th August 2020.

Probably another sales trickery.

Ah - you may be a victim of  the 'automatic renewal'. I knew there was a reason I didn't go down that route

Automatic renewal was standard in some countries, e.g. Germany.
Other countries require you to renew manually (afaik USA).