Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

2 hours ago, Jimh said:

What Studio owner would surrender their $3,695 perpetual license to get a mere 20% discount off the first two years of subscription and have to pay it all up front.

Give up your license to save about $150/yr, for two years. Could that be right?

I don´t believe, anyone can take you a V 20 Perpetual.

But it seems a V 21 Perpetual can be taken once you go to subscription on one of Maxons immoral offers...

Carefully read the fineprint.

4 hours ago, RBarrett said:

Of course. Anyone can subscribe at any time.

Will there be a Perpetual Version beyond V21 or not??
Or is a missing answer exactly the answer??
I have heard enough marketing Bushwah now.

Clearly everyone can jump to subscription (additional) anytime.

Rick. You know exactly what you are NOT talking about.

OR?

2 hours ago, Jimh said:

What Studio owner would surrender their $3,695 perpetual license to get a mere 20% discount off the first two years of subscription and have to pay it all up front.

Give up your license to save about $150/yr, for two years. Could that be right?

In my eyes NO
In New MAXON eyes YES
Sell your V 20 license and jump into dependency if you like to.

Thats the New MAXON.

2 hours ago, RonMedia said:

I'd have likely jumped on to subscription for R22 at $720 or perpetual upgrade pricing (depending on what that will be), but that won't be happening now.

If there ever will be a V22 Perpetual.

I asked here often: Ist there any promise for that???
But there is silence.

I bet it won´t be.

2 hours ago, Rectro said:

I got that from this email as one of the options.

"Whilst cheaper than MSA, this option will mean that you’re on a subscription licence and your R20 perpetual licence has been upgraded and is no longer valid. Subscription licences work during the licenced period, but if your subscription ends and you don’t renew, your software will no longer work."

It does not say that your perpetual licence becomes active again, or it downgrades or switches back, but it does say that "Your perpetual licence has been upgraded".  The key difference here is subscription from a upgraded perpetual licence which offers cheaper prices, or subscription separate from your own perpetual licence.

If the perpetual does switch back on if you stop subscribing then this needs to be made clear in the emails.

Dan

RIP MAXON

48 minutes ago, Silvercity said:

This Rick's response to my question on CGTalk:

So, I'm not sure if this means that your older software will still work after you cancel or if it will only work as long as you're paying for a subscription.

I cant believe how communictaion is done in this case.

Seems, they don´t want us to know clear facts.

BtW a V20 Perpetual can´t be taken away from you, if you payed for.

By EU law.

May be different anywhere else.

If there are special conditions - if you choose to go on subscription from V21 - BE CAREFUL with reading the fineprint (MAXON didn´t show us and obviously don´t like to comment about - you can ask here as often as you want - there are only nebulous ansers as "sure, you can subscribe anytime..."). There is no willing to answer exactly. So no answer is the answer.

1 hour ago, Silvercity said:

This Rick's response to my question on CGTalk:

So, I'm not sure if this means that your older software will still work after you cancel or if it will only work as long as you're paying for a subscription.

A Pre V21 Perpetual Version (20, 19, 18,...) can´t be taken away.

As long as you ADD a subscription - not convert to.

Read the Fineprint carefully.

MAXON today isnt MAXON yesterday and all those (from MAXON) who are posting here, don´t like to clearify that. Or other facts. Right?

5 hours ago, RBarrett said:

Of course. Anyone can subscribe at any time.

What an "answer". Surly everyone can subscribe anytime.
Additional or what ever.

Seems, its very difficult to answer clear questions: Will we see Perpetual beyond V 21?

Do I loose V21 Perpetual if I convert to New Maxons Rental?
Meanwhile, I don´t think that this question will be answered clearly with yes or no.

I'm obviously not a person to talk to.

(Even Im a faithful - no longer - user since the beginning of MAXON)

5 hours ago, Raischub said:

Do I loose V21 Perpetual if I convert to New Maxons Rental?

This has been answered numerous times with a very clear yes - that‘s exactly what „converting“ a license means and makes perfect sense. If you want to keep your r21, you don‘t convert and instead add an additional subscription to your account.

1 hour ago, stomich said:

This has been answered numerous times with a very clear yes - that‘s exactly what „converting“ a license means and makes perfect sense. If you want to keep your r21, you don‘t convert and instead add an additional subscription to your account.

Sorry but I still don't think this is clear. Will the new licencing server even allow you to run 21 perpetual and a parallel additional subscription on the same machines. Maybe not.

If you're not 'converting' a licence - you're buying one then the other - does it work? Is it simply accepting the measly 'discount' on the sub that wipes out the perpetual licence? Or is your hand being forced.