Sign in to follow this  
cinomadic

Maxon Subscribtion Plan Discussions

Ok, I have all the information I need. My guessing goes toward MAXON getting sold to Adobe next year. So that would also explain running out of MSA. The discount they giving you is a joke. As it means the last version running permanent will be R20, and that means that all the plugins might not work right (change of license model), so R19 is where you can stay save.

Anyway. For me its a clear signal to stop investing into C4D. If I want to get newer builds in the future, I always can jump into subscription, but then it will be forever. 

A freelancer that has changing project can't offer to pay for software that is not needed constantly. So subscription is fine, if its on a monthly rate, which might come. But even so it might be all in a Adobe package, and thats what scares me off. 

Case close, anyone wants to buy a license?

On 11/12/2019 at 3:37 AM, RobertL said:

My guessing goes toward MAXON getting sold to Adobe next year.

If that happens these 62 pages containing some fairly robust discussion will seem fairly tame to what's coming.

5 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

If that happens these 62 pages containing some fairly robust discussion will seem fairly tame to what's coming.

I hate to say it, but if C4D becomes part of  Adobe's Creative Cloud that is actually a better deal than what MAXON is giving us today.  Creative Cloud has more software options, cheaper price, true monthly billing plus cloud storage.  

It is truly a sad day when you start to prefer Adobe over MAXON.    What has become of this world?  

Dave 

Adobe is not buying MAXON - kind of feel silly to repeat these for years now 🙂

Anyway folks, after 62 pages I would say that everyone had a chance to speak his or hers mind on this subject, topic closed