Sign in to follow this  
AlexisB

How to delete spline line

Hi guys,

i've imported this vector from illustrator. it's looking good. I don't want to touch the "Close Spline" option.. My question is: how can i delete the selected line off from the spline?

Thanks

644666336_ScreenShot2019-07-18at11_49_41AM.thumb.png.2bd2bf55f7b020d4cdf1c9001ebf7420.png

656641362_ScreenShot2019-07-18at11_50_00AM.thumb.png.a53dc991cbbaa7d185cabdf26c72f206.png

1 hour ago, AlexisB said:

I don't want to touch the "Close Spline" option.. 

Select the points either side of it, then r-click and choose Break Segment. But of course you can't do that between the first and last points of a closed spline, so first you will need to move the first point of the spline somewhere else in it, so select another point on the spline, r-click and choose Set First Point. This will change the appearance and way the text connects together, but if you won't touch the control that would avoid that then what else can you do ? It's a bit like getting in a car, and refusing to use the steering wheel ! :) If you need open and closed splines they can't be the same object, so the better solution would be to move the 'd' to its own object under its own sweep - then it can be an open spline as you need without affecting the rest of the letters.

CBR

• Topic Author
  • 30 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

If you need open and closed splines they can't be the same object, so the better solution would be to move the 'd' to its own object under its own sweep - then it can be an open spline as you need without affecting the rest of the letters.

I absolutely agree with you and that's how i've been doing it. The only problem is that this time i'm using a long sentence so i thought it would be messy to review every curve's situation and divide it into two. Plus you just told me about Break Segment so now i learnt something new :-)

thanks!

Another fix here would be to first split off the problem splines. Then run Create Outline on that to get them to resemble the rest of the text (will create closed splines), and fix the ends to be rounded. It's a really skinny text/font, and your sweep is overlapping itself, which might pose a problem down the line, but maybe that's okay for what you want.