Hi Everyone, so trying out a lot Cinema 4D these days, now I am working on a personal project with creating an construction area where I want to moddel and animate an aerial platform with a Scissor construction, now I am in the try out fase for animating the scissor movement, and pushing up the next part etc. etc. and pushing the platform up at the right position based on the scissor movement.

I've got 3 solutions, but don't know what will be the best/ controllable and accurate way.

Option 01: Xpresso, Link the Rotation of the outer arm to the inner arm and link to the position of the second arm and add some Math: to the node editor to get the right numbers.

+ Making a UserData Controller on a seperate null object to controll these easily.  (tried, kinda worked.  But far from perfect)

Option 02: Riggin like a character ( but quite unknown with rigging, but will be a good excercise, but probably the best solution)

¿Can I rig it with the Cloner or is it better to rig it with duplicates? 

Option 03: Maybe with a MoGraph Effectors?

Tried out some effectors but did not get the right result, probably doing it wrong.

Anyone any advice? Tips etc. 

Attached: Option 01 tested, Can found the controller in the User Data Null layer in the object menu, it's also animated. (it's just a fast moddel, not made for the end product, just trying out the scissor movement.) 

Aerial Platform_Xpresso test.c4d

This one can probably help you out if you're going with method 2...

CBR

A bit of scissor trig for you

lifter_0001.c4d

• Topic Author
  • @jed Wow this helps me out a lot! Thanks A lot!, I will try this on my project, thanks!

In this file I added some more parts

lifter_0003.c4d